• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

pup11

International Coach
:huh: :blink:

He hardly looked the part. Except for Bangalore, he struggled dearly.
Looking solid doesn't mean he was scoring truckloads of runs against them, but it means he was playing them with relative ease, he had starts in most of the games, but just threw it away almost every time while playing a rash shot.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So maybe his average drops to 80 odd?
Still a cut above the rest, if you ask me.
His running between wickets would have to suffer, although he doesn't really have to worry about muscle injuries as such. A broken bone could be career-threatening though!

Son Of Coco

bollocks, get hard you softy, have you actually confessed you didnt win the Rugby League World cup, sorry I meant the first 2 cricket 1 dayers, dont know how league slipped in
Great we NZ are in this situation, but we have consistantly done well since this cup started..

all good come on, we are enjoying dominating your team, just wondering when you guys are playing Scotland again, that should be a close game..

go hard kiwis
:laugh:

There's not a lot of difference between dominating and a close game with you guys is there?

Precambrian

Banned
Looking solid doesn't mean he was scoring truckloads of runs against them, but it means he was playing them with relative ease, he had starts in most of the games, but just threw it away almost every time while playing a rash shot.
Haha what? Lasting 20 balls an innings is looking solid? :1eye:

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Rubbish, it was Kerry O'Keeffe that said it, & those of us that have heard plenty of his commentary over the years know he was just being a joker; that why you could hear him cracking-up in the background.
was he the one with the ... strangeish giggle laugh ???

sounded like he kinda spat when he laughed :laugh::laugh::laugh:

inbox24

International Debutant
The team for today:

Hopes
Warner
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Bracken
Hilfenhaus

No stragglers like Ferguson or Hauritz who won't and shouldn't be in this team's long term plans, just a straight out best batsmen and best bowlers we have at the moment. Hopefully will be enough to get us home with the adequate bowling options.

HMas

U19 12th Man
The team for today:

Hopes
Warner
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Bracken
Hilfenhaus

No stragglers like Ferguson or Hauritz who won't and shouldn't be in this team's long term plans, just a straight out best batsmen and best bowlers we have at the moment. Hopefully will be enough to get us home with the adequate bowling options.
Hopes & Warner opening ....2 easy wickets for NZ at the start8-)

kingkallis

International Coach
The team for today:

Hopes
Warner
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Bracken
Hilfenhaus

No mate, nomore Warner please!

Haddin and Clarke can open...
Ponting
Mussey
Voges
White
Hopes
Ferguson
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Bracken

Johnners

The team for today:

Hopes
Warner
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Bracken
Hilfenhaus

How have you managed to include Warner in the team then..... Ferguson >>> Warner (let alone White & Voges who are both >> Ferguson)

inbox24

International Debutant
I don't see Ferguson as a long term option, he's only playing because everyone else is injured. I can't see Ferguson with his lone hand carrying Australia to 300+ scores, but even in his bad form, if Warner plays true to his style he alone can carry us to that mark. There's really nothing special about Ferguson, compared with Warner, the latter has the potential for a future.

Son Of Coco

Sweeping generalisations your new modus operandi, SOC? Classy, really classy. 8-)
Being overly touchy yours is it Volty? 8-)

I said you guys because the poster said "We are enjoying dominating your team", and I took 'we' to mean more than one person...hence 'you guys'. I think I have talked to most of the NZ supporters enough not to include them in this statement. Never even thought of it as including any of you.

Last edited: