• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

James

Cricket Web Owner
Why not bring back Symonds for the next ODI? What about a side like:

Katich
Clarke
White
Haddin
Symonds
M.Hussey
Hopes
Noffers
Johnson
Bracken
McGain

A bit strange, but would work, IMO.
Looks like a perfect team to me, 5 bowlers picked and no need to bowl Clarke/White/Hussey, which IMO has been one of the big differences between the sides in the first two ODIs.

JBH001

International Regular
The majority of Kiwis in this thread just acting like morons now unfortunately.
Did you mean me? If so, I apologised, so you are a little late with that.

Also, to be fair, the constant and seemingly never ending litany of "if only we had a full strength 2007 WC side (or whatever), all would be well" does get a little tiring and old. But thats probably the result of reading a summers worth of thread comment around that line (Aus vs SA and now Aus vs NZ).

Also, as some one used to the constant roller coaster ride that is supporting the NZ Black Caps, I will save the crowing (if any) to the end of the series. 3 - 2 to Australia is still very much a possibility. I'll be saving my smirks, not that any of you will see it, for when and if Dan has both hands on the trophy and is drinking from it.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised they haven't called in a replacement for Tait and someone to replace ****house. Still one bowler short.

kiwi watcher

Cricket Spectator
Rubbish, it was Kerry O'Keeffe that said it, & those of us that have heard plenty of his commentary over the years know he was just being a joker; that why you could hear him cracking-up in the background.

whatever Zinzan you and others may have took it that way I must be a weirdo for thinking he was a rude dick, oh well I took it the wrong way Zinzan, sorry bout that, wont be so offended next time

pup11

International Coach
Good news. If we played this side, I'm confident we could get right back into the series.

Quiney/Katich
Clarke
Ponting
Haddin
Symonds
Hussey
Hopes
Johnson
Bracken
Siddle
McGain
This the one slot i have a problem with, we all know Hopes is a genuine waste of batting slot when he is batting that low, therefore i would rather have Hopes opening with Clarke, and pick a middle order batsman to bat at 7.

Either David Hussey or Voges or Ferguson, should then be batting at that slot imo, anyways but as long as the team has five genuine bowling options, i am more than satisfied with the team.

Moving on, really brave stuff this from Ponting to comeback midway from his resting schedule to lead his team in such adversity, would have been so easy for him to let Clarke bear the brunt of the series lose, and comeback for the dead rubber games.

pasag

RTDAS
This the one slot i have a problem with, we all know Hopes is a genuine waste of batting slot when he is batting that low, therefore i would rather have Hopes opening with Clarke, and pick a middle order batsman to bat at 7.

Either David Hussey or Voges or Ferguson, should then be batting at that slot imo, anyways but as long as the team has five genuine bowling options, i am more than satisfied with the team.

Moving on, really brave stuff this from Ponting to comeback midway from his resting schedule to lead his team in such adversity, would have been so easy for him to let Clarke bear the brunt of the series lose, and comeback for the dead rubber games.
No way should Hopes be opening. Miles away from an ODI class opener.

pup11

International Coach
Why the hell does Ryan Harris keep getting picked for the ODI squad, i can perfectly understand him being in contention for a place in the test squad as he has been one of the better bowlers in the Sheffield Shield this season, but his ranger cup stats are hardly eye-catching.

Geeves (who was brilliant prior to his injury this season) or Siddle (who could have done well with playing some international games, prior to the SA tour), would have been much better choices.

pup11

International Coach
No way should Hopes be opening. Miles away from an ODI class opener.
Well its not exactly something that's gotta do with him being an ODI class opener or anything, but its gotta do more with providing better balance to the team.

pasag

RTDAS
Well its not exactly something that's gotta do with him being an ODI class opener or anything, but its gotta do more with providing better balance to the team.
He's not good enough to open and won't score any runs. End of story.