• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Ponting being "rested" is a message to him that the team has started to think a future without him at the helm. Thoughts?
Maybe, but there isn't always a reason when Australia rest players against NZ. Can't remember the last series in which they played a full-strength team all the way through against us.

Flem274*

123/5
:nono: Play the post, not the poster.

I think Ponting being "rested" is a message to him that the team has started to think a future without him at the helm. Thoughts?
I thought it was so he could go and finish primary school judging by the mess that is brewing.

Disappointing really, and I like Ponting on the field, always leads by example with the bat.

Possibly because they're genuinely good bowlers, although that's something you'd never admit.
Southee and Mills? If they manage to repeat their performances then you can say that but i highly doubt it. Warner and Marsh should give these hard workers a reality check, i hope they prove me wrong though.

Flem274*

123/5
Maybe, but there isn't always a reason when Australia rest players against NZ. Can't remember the last series in which they played a full-strength team all the way through against us.
If we're 4-0 up (could happen, bowl White plz) we should bring over the U-19s and play them.

In other words, we have an excuse to play Jimmeh GS Neesham.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Southee and Mills? If they manage to repeat their performances then you can say that but i highly doubt it. Warner and Marsh should give these hard workers a reality check, i hope they prove me wrong though.
Mills is ranked in the top 5 ODI bowlers in the world, and Bracken is the only ODI seam bowler I'd pick before him.

Precambrian

Banned
The last CH series in NZ was understandable, as it came at the end of a gruelling Ashes, and just before the WC. I don't think that is the case here.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah, those who have proved themselves internationally ('hard workers' like Mills), should be given a reality check by those who have yet to prove themselves.

Nice logic.

Polo23

International Debutant
Well the medium pacers of NZ have been troubling Australia for some reason. Australia will come back and win the series once they find their batting form. I couldn't tell whether Grant Elliot was a tail-ender or not but Neil Broom seems like a decent young player.
Mills the 4th best ODI bowler in the world with an exceptional record, and Southee one of the brightest young cricketers in the world.

Unbelievable that they would trouble the formidable (sarcasm) Australians!

8-)

Athlai

Not Terrible
I agree, I think that Marsh and Warner will absolutely demolish the NZ medium pace pretenders. In fact if Warner wasn't a one hit hero and Marsh wasn't injured you might even be right! Then again Mills has been doing this for years and Southee is one of crickets brightest stars.

Though I'm sure you are well versed with international cricket.

Flem274*

123/5
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mills 5/25 vs SA (ODI)

Southee 5/55 vs England (test)

Southee 4/**** all vs Aus (test)

Mills 4/35 vs Aus (ODI)

Mills 4/16 vs EnglND (test)

And thats just off the top of my head, they must be soooooooo mediocre. Come back when SL have a decent seamer that isn't Malinga or Vaas plz.

Whats the score vs India again?

Yeah, those who have proved themselves internationally ('hard workers' like Mills), should be given a reality check by those who have yet to prove themselves.

Nice logic.
Mills and Maharoof's bowling records are very similar as i said earlier. Maharoof is yet to be a proven consistent and reliable seamer.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Rise above it, Kiwi lads. I've taken the high road for a change. As long as Chaminda_00 hasn't been a moderator in the last few days, I'd expect to see some action taken very soon.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Mills and Maharoof's bowling records are very similar as i said earlier. Maharoof is yet to be a proven consistent and reliable seamer.
Yes, as you said when ignoring the fact that Mills has been one of the most consistent performers in ODI's over the past few years.

Anyways, no more feeding of the troll.