• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Whats the score vs India again?
Meh, they couldn't beat us during the test series. After the IPL deal, it's pretty obvious what the situation is in SL. After the test series in Pakistan, you shall see what SL is really capable of. NZ are playing Australia in their worst form, SL always had to play them when they're in their prime. Most international sides should exploit the lack of depth that Australia has currently.

Precambrian

Banned
Rise above it, Kiwi lads. I've taken the high road for a change. As long as Chaminda_00 hasn't been a moderator in the last few days, I'd expect to see some action taken very soon.
:nono: Volty please do not drag in respectable posters name into this unprovoked.

As to the discussion the suggestion that Mills is not a quality ODI player is laughable at best and rubbish at worst. His averages are there to be seen. And he is no mug with the bat. I expect him to peak in a few years time from now, and will definitely end up being Kiwiland's best ODI players ever.

Redbacks

International Captain
The last CH series in NZ was understandable, as it came at the end of a gruelling Ashes, and just before the WC. I don't think that is the case here.
We have a big workload coming this year, 75 days of potential cricket from March up to September not including IPL. A couple ODI games off whilst at home, with a young child at home, isn't so bad given he will probably play the last two games unless we are down 0-3.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
:nono: Volty please do not drag in respectable posters name into this unprovoked.
How about you stop acting like a ****ing moderator? And as I've already told you before, Chaminda has been warned several times for his trolling of NZers, so he's about as respectable as you are a single-login poster.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Meh, they couldn't beat us during the test series. After the IPL deal, it's pretty obvious what the situation is in SL. After the test series in Pakistan, you shall see what SL is really capable of. NZ are playing Australia in their worst form, SL always had to play them when they're in their prime. Most international sides should exploit the lack of depth that Australia has currently.
Wow, just wow. Have you reached the core of the earth yet?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Can everyone chill out a bit please, and use the report post feature and just leave it at that and let the moderators handle the moderation.

Precambrian

Banned
We have a big workload coming this year, 75 days of potential cricket from March up to September not including IPL. A couple ODI games off whilst at home, with a young child at home, isn't so bad given he will probably play the last two games unless we are down 0-3.
The simple question is : Is International cricket lesser than IPL???

Of course the answer may not be that simple.

But this resting business ahead of a busy IPL season creates a bad precedent.

Not if you take out Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and associates.

Mills: 113 wickets @ 28.32
Maharoof: 67 wickets @ 31.83
That's not his fault, he is only 22 yrs old. There is a great age difference between the two, anyway people are being so sensitive about my posts.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The simple question is : Is International cricket lesser than IPL???

Of course the answer may not be that simple.

But this resting business ahead of a busy IPL season creates a bad precedent.
Should the CA give a **** about the IPL? No. No they should not.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can people stop quoting MendisNuffSaid. It really devalues the ignore function and I don't feel like reporting one of KiWiNiNjA's or _Ed_'s posts.

Thankyouverymuch,

Heef.

pasag

RTDAS
I think Ponting being "rested" is a message to him that the team has started to think a future without him at the helm. Thoughts?
No chance as I said before it's a short term measure with two tough tours coming up in mind, just like when he was rested for the entire CH in 06/07 a few years back before the WC.