• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Holy ****, is Ponting an international cricket captain or a playground bully ****wit? That's the most childish reaction to a private exchange I've seen in a while. Vettori has commented on it, but only because he was asked - no doubt - as a result of Ponting's shameless bragging.

More proof that fans of the greyhounds will never, ever show any class whatsoever.
Compared to this from a 22yr old with 3 games of experience.

An interesting read.

Redbacks

International Captain
Holy ****, is Ponting an international cricket captain or a playground bully ****wit? That's the most childish reaction to a private exchange I've seen in a while. Vettori has commented on it, but only because he was asked - no doubt - as a result of Ponting's shameless bragging.

More proof that fans of the greyhounds will never, ever show any class whatsoever.
As opposed to Ponting who called a press conference and.....zzz

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
and........... talked about a private text message being a moral victory?????????

jeez, it s not about who calls press conferences, it is about what is said.... And while Vettori didn't call Haddin a cheat, Ponting says he did... If that is not over-reacting, then I don't know what is.. 8-)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Looks to me as though it was Ponting who decided to indulge in the political pointscoring again with this comment:

"As his reaction showed, (Haddin) was pretty disappointed with it. I was hit between the eyes with it immediately after the game as well," Ponting said on Wednesday.

"I honestly think Brad has done nothing wrong. It was interesting getting off the plane here the other day, he got an apology via text message from Daniel."
The myopia from Ponting is nothing short of breathtaking. It's probably a good thing for his mental state that he's taking a break - we don't want him to start crying like Kim Hughes.... or do we?

Redbacks

International Captain
Looks to me as though it was Ponting who decided to indulge in the political pointscoring again with this comment
I would like to know what the question was that stimulated his response. However, on further reading of the story I agree with your point. He doesn't appear to be able to cope with the 'extra' media requirements of the captaincy and should prepare to step down perhaps or start paying some better attention to his communications adviser.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, if anyone on these boards ever denies Ponting is a dickhead again, I'll be shocked.

Time to just face the facts. He may be a terrific batsman, but he's an A-grade wanker.