• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah Elliot's not really an all rounder, more a bits and part player, can kinda bat and can kinda bowl. Though I suppose he wouldn't be a bad fixture in your line up if you were playing the Aussies or India, simply because if your top and middle order fail he can do a job, in saving the innings as it doesn't require scoring with any real pace, just as he did against England. Though against the Windies he's not likely to be in that position so he isn't really needed, as a WI fan I would rather see Elliot in the line up ahead of someone like Broom as Elliot can't really hurt us with anything.
Thats what England thought. :p Elliott can hit.

Plus, for what seems like the millionth time I'm claiming this, Elliott is a vastly superior ODI player than Flynn. In fact the gap is probably as wide as Flynn is greater than Elliott in tests.:ph34r:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
He hasn't really kicked on and got big scores but i've been impressed with his determination. If he does start scoring runs, he'll be the ideal man to have in between the likes of Taylor, Ryder and McCullum for sure.

New Zealand have obviously gone down the route of blooding in 19/20 year olds rather than going for those who have played a number of seasons so there will be a number of disappointments first up, but I feel Flynn has something about him to keep going with.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know if anyone has noticed but Flynn's List A strike rate is nearly 87. There's no question he can score quickly...i'd like to see him given a few games at three, which obviously seems to be his preferred position.

thierry henry

International Coach
I don't know if anyone has noticed but Flynn's List A strike rate is nearly 87. There's no question he can score quickly...i'd like to see him given a few games at three, which obviously seems to be his preferred position.
Flynn has been a better domestic OD player than FC player so far.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thats what England thought. :p Elliott can hit.

Plus, for what seems like the millionth time I'm claiming this, Elliott is a vastly superior ODI player than Flynn. In fact the gap is probably as wide as Flynn
Better.

And i think Grant Elliot's an extremely useful ODI player.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
I wouldn't mind it either except for there is no room in the top order for him. He hasn't done enough to warrant leaving out Ryder/McCullum/Guptill/Styris/Taylor and maybe How/Sinclair who are all ahead of him for top 4 batting. At the moment Styris is injured, and Orams out, so not a bad idea to have Flynn around the squad as I still like him over Sinclair, but Flynn should really be back in Domestic List A competing with How for first-choice-backup-in-case-of-injury-or-form-implosion. As it is Styris might have a tough fight on his hands to regain a spot if Broom, Elliot and Oram really get going in positions 5-7.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Forecast for Napier tomorrow...wait for it...rain.

:laugh:

Fine almost everywhere today, of course.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
I'm so stoked with Guppy's start, really really hope he can keep it going through the next game and the tour of Aussie.

Craig

World Traveller
Surely thats slightly ott, the guy may be wrong but all he does is say that NZ have a bunch of medium pacers who he will nerver like, may be blunt but not offensive just annoying to the NZ dudes.
I don't understand, if you have guys who can buy high 130's to at least 140's, how on earth os that medium pace? To me it sounds like they all bowl in the 120's which they do not.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Surely thats slightly ott, the guy may be wrong but all he does is say that NZ have a bunch of medium pacers who he will nerver like, may be blunt but not offensive just annoying to the NZ dudes.
He's been being warned for being offensive; he's being warned for deliberately trying to bait, stir and annoy an entire group of other members repeatedly - also known as "trolling". There's no doubt he's doing that, for mine, and it's not really your place to comment anyway.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't understand, if you have guys who can buy high 130's to at least 140's, how on earth os that medium pace? To me it sounds like they all bowl in the 120's which they do not.
Yeah there's even a name for them: Fast medium. There's these dudes like Stu Clark, Glenn McGrath, Ryan Sidebottom, Chaminda Vaas, Zaheer Khan and others who are quite good at that pace yet strangely no one abuses their pace.

On that kinda topic, hope Baker plays tommorrow. Looks a good ODI prospect.