• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Craig

World Traveller
I thought McIntosh and Flynn did the right thing to see out the good bowling and set up a base. And now New Zealand have over 140 on the board with McIntosh having made a start and set it up for the likes of Taylor, Ryder, McCullum et al to come in and take advantage of a good platform.

"oh noez, not enuff 4s and sixezzz"

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha. Unbelievable. The Black Caps just cannot win with some "supporters".
Yeh was surprised by those posts in particular. Sure it might've been slow going but sometimes thats whats required to win test matches. I'll admit, had wickets been dropping constantly in addition to the run rate of just above two, then theres more than enough reason to complain, but I don't think we should be unhappy going into day three with eight wickets in hand and 145 runs on the board - from a top order thats struggled to provide solid foundations in the past.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeh was surprised by those posts in particular. Sure it might've been slow going but sometimes thats whats required to win test matches. I'll admit, had wickets been dropping constantly in addition to the run rate of just above two, then theres more than enough reason to complain, but I don't think we should be unhappy going into day three with eight wickets in hand and 145 runs on the board - from a top order thats struggled to provide solid foundations in the past.
Very true. Especially since everyone was merciless in their criticism of Redmond's loose dismissals in Australia.

Cam7

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If a ball shaves the bat, it is still out, just like if a ball shaves the wicket it is still out. I think everyone watching would've thought, yeah thats clipping leg stump - it was obvious.
I agree that it was probably just clipping leg stump but who would know for sure? Like, 100% for sure.

Just like you said, "IF the ball shaves the wicket it is still out"... Well, if it did actually shave the wicket then, yes, it would have been out (bowled) - but it didn't shave the wicket because it hit the pad first and then you were just guessing what it might have down afterwards. Since you're just guessing and since it only might have shaved the leg stump, would it have been a fair dismissal if it had been given out? No, it wouldn't; the batsmen still needs to be given the benefit of the doubt, regardless of what Hawkeye might have suggested (because Hawkeye is only just "guessing" like everyone else). :)

Flem274*

123/5
O'Brien! If I was Bill Lawry or SST I'd boof him!

McIntosh looks very comfortable when its pitched up, shame he's horrible against short pitched bowling. Needs to be rectified.

Chanderpaul is freakishly good. The only way to be rid of him is poison in his breakfast. WAG.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
McIntosh looks very comfortable when its pitched up, shame he's horrible against short pitched bowling. Needs to be rectified.
Yeah, seems to want to pull everything, but looking pretty ugly while doing it. Still I prefer an ugly batsman who gets 150+ off 300 balls rather than a batsman who makes good-looking 20s.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, seems to want to pull everything, but looking pretty ugly while doing it. Still I prefer an ugly batsman who gets 150+ off 300 balls rather than a batsman who makes good-looking 20s.
I hope McCullum and Taylor take note of that sentiment.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Taylor needs runs for mine, a pretty player who everyone seems to rate, but in recent times I haven't seen a lot of substance.. Kind of the polar opposite of Shiv Chanderpaul

Jigga988

State 12th Man
I reckon he will get plenty of runs, but new ball must be coming soon so batting will become hard. 2nd new ball did a bit for NZ, hopefully Powell Taylor and Fidel will bowl like they did with first new ball.

Flem274*

123/5
Heard on the radio that Corey Anderson was considered for selection in the T20's but was injured!
Fair enough, its only a meaningless 20/20

Anderson is gun on ICC, playing a dev. team in the tests vs Bangladesh, scored 89 on debut and took 2 wickets.

Strangely, he's right handed and an off spinner.

But back in the real world, playing Anderson in 20/20s is a good idea, gives him some exposure to higher quality cricketers.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
I hope McCullum and Taylor take note of that sentiment.
To be fair, McCullum's last few innings have been much better. More application, less wafty loose shots, and looked good as a result. Taylor just needs to eliminate his love affair with mid-wicket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ryder looking beautiful out there, so I'm sure he's about to toss away his wicket at any moment.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McIntosh looking good too, that let-off yesterday might have been the making of him. Seems to have put the pull away.