• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Why is the drainage in Dunedin so crap?
Surely with our weather you would have thought that we would have the best drainage systems for cricket grounds in the world. The Gabba was amazing in its drying ability after those storms. Hears hoping NZ cricket invests a lot on drainage soon, we could double our amount of playing days if that happens

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Inspection in 15 minutes, so it'll probably be 2 before they're out. Anyone still fancy a result?

Athlai

Not Terrible
2 possible results:

NZ win
Draw

The draw easily the favorite, NZ would have to pile on 400+ and roll WI over twice to win, very very unlikely.

Uppercut

2 possible results:

NZ win
Draw

The draw easily the favorite, NZ would have to pile on 400+ and roll WI over twice to win, very very unlikely.
You think so? I'd have said as a general rule, rain delays mean that the team batting second have the better chance of forcing a result. NZ need to be able to enforce a follow-on, WI only need to get within 50 runs of NZs total and they'll be left with an unlikely win/no chance of a loss situation on the last day.

I can't really see either team do it though. Will be very interesting to see the NZ bowling attack.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I can't see Windies bowling us out twice and imposing a high enough score against us to win in the two days they'll have.

We have 226 more runs than them already, and runs on the board are always more valuable than how much they 'could' score.

Uppercut

I can't see Windies bowling us out twice and imposing a high enough score against us to win in the two days they'll have.

We have 226 more runs than them already, and runs on the board are always more valuable than how much they 'could' score.
*Shrug*

These teams could both conceivably get all out for 24 at any point. Btw, for the purposes of enforcing a follow-on is this game now classed as a 4-dayer because yesterday was washed out? Also, where's the next match being played?

Athlai

Not Terrible
*Shrug*

These teams could both conceivably get all out for 24 at any point. Btw, for the purposes of enforcing a follow-on is this game now classed as a 4-dayer because yesterday was washed out? Also, where's the next match being played?
Not against the West Indian attack in these conditions. We did score 150+ in extremely hard conditions against Australia recently. :ph34r:

Next match is at the flattest of NZ tracks in Napier. Woohoo! (Still probably end in 4 days)

Uppercut

2.45 start, weather permitting. In other words, go do something else and come back for the India match.

Craig

World Traveller
Saw the highlights from the 1999/00 series. Was quite a shock to not see hawkeye, snicko, hot spot, and the parallel line that goes from one set of stumps to the other. Also David Shepard umpiring a Test and seeing a keeper stand up to Nathan Astle bowling and not wear a mouth guard or a helmet. I guess it shows how far cricket has come in nearly ten years and some things we are used to seeing, that we didn't back then.