• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't know the maths of it, but I'm pretty sure you have next to no chance of getting him sublime in 14 days. You'd probably get him to invig, maybe low energetic.

If you netted him he'd be lively at best imo.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I can just give his fitness net to Appleyard. He's nearly at proficient anyway. I definitely need him firing in the OD game so I guess invigorated/energetic will have to do.

Thoughts on the purchase btw? Did I overpay? Personally what drew me was 1) the fact he is young and 2) miraculous is good enough to get the "guns" out... I lack someone who can do that.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
He is a cautious bowler with lowish secondaries. He not going to regular get 'guns' out. Will be very inconsistent imo.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Will be very inconsistent imo.
Disagree, he'll be very consistent but won't take sides apart. I'd back him to take 1/20 (10) as a minimum per game, sometimes he'll take a few more but he'll consistently take 1 or 2.

Personally, IMO it's a great purchase for the price. Low on stam and PFL but it's not like that won't be rectified within a season.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Disagree, he'll be very consistent but won't take sides apart. I'd back him to take 1/20 (10) as a minimum per game, sometimes he'll take a few more but he'll consistently take 1 or 2.

Personally, IMO it's a great purchase for the price. Low on stam and PFL but it's not like that won't be rectified within a season.
Yeah I agree with Smith. I'll set him on defensive and I predict 1/20 off 10 overs to be a classic Dyke performance. I think he'll probably take 2 or 3 quite often and once in a while have a ripper and get 5, but for the most part getting a solid 1-2 wickets a game whilst conceding 1-3rpo.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Surely for someone at that level you would want them to take more wickets then that. Though I guess if you have others taking wickets around them it not as big deal.

Btw interms of price I think he a great buy. But if you wanted a major wicket taker then well don't think he is the guy. But if you happy with 1-3 key wickets a game then he pretty good I guess. Depends on what you need from him.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
**** you Battrick.

"Oh yeah you've finally run out of ITS? Here you go lol"

Ken Haldane (2337645) shortcut

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Central Districts
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 2,491
Wages: £729 p/w
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: worthless
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

So much rage.

Bobisback

International Regular
Connor Delaney - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,854
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
An attacking player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

My 0 ITS YP.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 7: 9-5, runrate=1.29, reqrunrate=0.91 (47-10)
Neil 4-1-4-4
Herd* 1 (11 balls)
Shaka 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: De beer b. Neil 0 (FOW: 9/5)

I believe this speaks for itself and I do not have to communicate my thoughts on it.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Western Wolves CC 10-151
Tawonga Tigers 7-152

GFI'd for this one, probably the difference in the end. Got a slightly harder team next week, don't think we can pull it off.

Western Wolves CC Tawonga Tigers
Top Order: superb superb
Middle Order: superb strong
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: exceptional wonderful
Spin Bowling: competent elite
Fielding: abysmal mediocre

Gleeson took 5-29. WAG.

Bobisback

International Regular
Why cant i get teams like that in the cup. Got another Div III team, after i struggled through this weeks Div III team.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Toured! won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 10: 20-2, runrate=2.00
Jongikhaya 5-1-8-0
Constable* 13 (24 balls)
Back 6 (23 balls)
Last Wicket: Wilkes c. Clunnie b. Menzies 1 (FOW: 2/2)

They do not tour as well as they claim8-)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard Appleyard - 18 yo, BT Rating=14,052
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, feeble bowling form, lively fitness.
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: superb Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

Happy enough with that. Now if only I could swap his stamina with Dyke's.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I need to train another 12 weeks to get his stamina to the highest level right?

Grady Hussein - 18 yo, BT Rating=33,577
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, moderate fitness.
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: quality Consistency: strong
Fielding: mediocre

Shaka Petty - 18 yo, BT Rating=12,323
LH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.