• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Connor Potgieter - 22 yo, BT Rating=102,643
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A destructive player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: masterful
Fielding: respectable

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Rafi Bashir - 18 yo, BT Rating=32,132
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, fresh fitness.
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: superb Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: respectable
Fielding: feeble

Coming nicely along.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
FC hasn't been generating experience up until now, so after a hasty fix there are now experience pops all over the place. My highest player is at remarkable, and most of my long-time trainees are quality.

A tenner says they still don't know how to bat with the tail.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha the experience update was itstl. Have quite a few remarkable experienced guys now, will be interested to see how this affects games.

Am playing a Div 4 team in the cup this week. He has a 100k rated batsman, so that's going to be the toughest obstacle, but my bowling is better than his. Should be a close fought battle. At his place on a cracked pitch.

Not sure if I should promote Alshaun to open in this situation or leave him at 6.
Current openers are a comp-prof and resp-comp

Chetan Alshaun - 33 yo, BT Rating=9,555
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with competent leadership skills and remarkable experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You don't want someone with no stamina opening in OD games, if he gets stuck at the wicket you can see a 40(107) type situation happening.

Had a few experience pops but because I play seperate OD and FC sides most of them weren't on important players. I play a few guns here and there to win games and they got a few pops but most of them on my FC performers, De Beer went from prof to quality, for example.

NZTailender

You don't want someone with no stamina opening in OD games, if he gets stuck at the wicket you can see a 40(107) type situation happening.
True that. Was wondering if it'd be worth putting him there and set him to attacking to see if he could make a good, quick score before getting out. Will stick with my other dudes though.

nibbs

International Captain
Daniel Winters - 19 yo, BT Rating=25,838
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: quality Consistency: proficient

Liam Sutton - 18 yo, BT Rating=13,608
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Just sold this bugger for 150k

Sufyan Noon ((2315804))

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Swamibapa Leeds CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,819
Wages: £523 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
The game in which I thought I was screwed due to being 1 bowler down has turned out to be decent. Mulholland turned it on earlier today, taking 3 wickets in 5 balls, reducing them from 4/169 to 7/169 and effectively killing any chance of a big total. Appleyard finished the tail off nicely, bagging 4 wickets. We got off to a very slow start... RR was hovering around 2 for the first 15-20 overs until the opening bowlers came off. Gray fell early for 24 (2nd failure in the game) but Bhutia & Shaw are looking solid together at the crease as in the 1st innings. Since that bleak opening spell we've been bubbling along for about 3 an over. The equation is 243 runs in 89 overs (2.73rpo) so we are on track. Just need these two to stick around for a bit to be sure. The score at Tea:

End of Over 49 (14 runs). Anchormen: 148-1, runrate=3.02 (1st Inn: 245-10)
Trail by 94 runs. (the Red Army 297-10 & 190-10)
Buckley 5-0-33-0
Bhutia* 46 (93 balls)
Shaw 72 (151 balls)
Last Wicket: Gray lbw b. Bittner 24 (FOW: 33/1)

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 3 (1 runs). Poor old Gil: 5-3, runrate=1.67 (1st Inn: 414-10)
Trail by 204 runs. (Four Pillars and Poor Fillers 204-10 & 419-10)
Wikus 2-0-5-0
Sekgoma* 1 (4 balls)
Kealeboga 0 (3 balls)
Last Wicket: Inayat lbw b. Everett 0 (FOW: 4/3)

Carn ****s. Looked gone for all money after the first two innings.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
****ing hell. I hate it when this happens. Shaw batted superbly, he and Bhutia pretty much winning the game for us, in addition to his century in the 1st innings, and he goes out on 98 to some hack:

69.1 W Vusi to Shaw
Slightly shorter ball and I think Shaw misjudged the amount of bounce on that ball. Shaw didn't play a shot as he thought it was going to go over and while it barely hit the bails, it was enough to knock one off.

End of Over 69 (2 runs). Anchormen: 226-1, runrate=3.28 (1st Inn: 245-10)
Trail by 16 runs. (the Red Army 297-10 & 190-10)
Eyre 22-7-51-0
Shaw* 98 (201 balls)
Bhutia 93 (164 balls)
Last Wicket: Gray lbw b. Bittner 24 (FOW: 33/1)

At least I've won and stayed on top for one more week at least. Buys me some time to buy a replacement for Ralph.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 14 (9 runs). Swamibapa Leeds CC: 52-1, runrate=3.71 (1st Inn: 232-10)
Trail by 170 runs. (SheriffsStars 224-10 & 230-10)
Gerrard 7-1-30-1
Steyn* 17 (28 balls)
Robertson 28 (52 balls)
Last Wicket: Clunnie b. Gerrard 5 (FOW: 10/1)

Pretty close match against the bugger who get relegated into our league.Hopefully both these batsmen get past 50 and set us up for a win.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Off to a good start in my OD match. Wouldn't mind them upping the RR though.

End of Over 13: 62-0, runrate=4.77
Morrison 7-0-35-0
Keane* 23 (35 balls)
Dylan 37 (43 balls)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Had an easy win in my league today, takes me to 4/4 for both FC and OD. Not going to last much longer though... I've got Nightowl on Tuesday and he's 2nd atm.

What do people think about having too many defensively minded bowlers? ie; would have 1 x def, 2 x caut, 1 x att and 1 x dest be too defensive or do the two others even it up? I just don't want to have bowlers who can't take wickets with their high-levels due to temperament.

NZTailender

Playing a decent side.

End of Over 4: 10-0, runrate=2.50, reqrunrate=4.96 (237-10)
Bongso 2-1-8-0
Fordham* 6 (17 balls)
Drummond 2 (7 balls)

Should be itstl. Knowles took 7fer, what a hero.

NZTailender

End of Over 11: 44-2, runrate=4.00, reqrunrate=4.97 (237-10)
Orourke 1-0-2-0
Dhindsa* 19 (14 balls)
Wilberforce 7 (12 balls)
Last Wicket: Fordham c. Keehan b. Bongso 14 (FOW: 23/2)

Relying heavily on these two to get us home, otherwise we're stuffed.

NZTailender

18.3 W Orourke to Wilberforce
That's a horrible ball, but he's got a wicket for it. Wilberforce hit it solidly but a great athletic catch from Stannage has him headed back to the pavilion.

End of Over 19: 80-3, runrate=4.21, reqrunrate=5.10 (237-10)
Orourke 5-0-16-1
Siyabonga* 1 (3 balls)
Dhindsa 42 (39 balls)
Last Wicket: Wilberforce c. Stannage b. Orourke 18 (FOW: 79/3)

Siya the best of the rest but is very inconsistent. Nearly brown trousers time.

NZTailender

23.4 W Bongso to Dhindsa
That one jagged back off the seam and hit Dhindsa right in line. The umpire has a good look at it and decides that was out!

Game over man, game over.

End of Over 24: 97-4, runrate=4.04, reqrunrate=5.42 (237-10)
Bongso 7-2-28-3
Siyabonga* 11 (18 balls)
Alshaun 0 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Dhindsa lbw b. Bongso 48 (FOW: 97/4)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Welcome. I shall call him, 'Les'.

Matt Dyke - 23 yo, BT Rating=76,057
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, competent batting form, strong bowling form, low fitness.
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and strong experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: miraculous Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: feeble

£10.8mil thanks to Up Goes The Finger bidding in the last 3 minutes, bumping it up by £1.8mil.

If you look at Ralph, I effectively paid £800k for +3 bowling, -2 cons, -5 stam and -3 years. I am pretty happy with that. Just have him on 1 stam.

Now I need to sell Mcmillan and buy a new seaming allrounder...

EDIT -

I want to put Dyke on a stamina as soon as possible, which I can, BUT, I need him to be ready to play in 14 days in a crucial OD league game. How many levels do you lose for every fitness net? I have to make up 7 levels of PFL in 14 days. How quickly will that happen with mediocre stam?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.