• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Precambrian

Banned
Garb Gambhir. Anyway well played. Who will come next? I'd want Ganguly to put his "princely" stamp and for getting the RHB-LHB thing going.
My word. And as usual Ganguly starting his run after Dhoni is 3/4 th of it covered. Ah would have been runout had POnting hit the stumps.

Precambrian

Banned
130-2 in 26 overs in that session. Not too bad. But could've been 150. Still, reckon India to go all out post lunch and cram in the remaining 70 in 10 overs. Leaving Aussies exactly 500 to get from abt 140 overs at a RR of 3.57.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My word. And as usual Ganguly starting his run after Dhoni is 3/4 th of it covered. Ah would have been runout had POnting hit the stumps.
How atrocious has the fielding been today?

Anyway, if this test is evidence of Ponting's motivational qualities, then ..........................

pasag

RTDAS
Gambhir really played a sensational knock. Granted the pitch was flat and the bowling was poor, but he played quite a few brilliant shots and really turned the situation from bad to worse for Aus.

Re: Lee. Was just driving now and listening on the radio, they reckon Ponting hasn't bowled Lee because of overrates, but they want to know if so, he bowled Siddle and Johnson. Furthermore it seems like Ponting only told him of this on the field, so they want to know why he didn't tell him earlier as he seemed to be upset somewhat.

Precambrian

Banned
Can't imagine the tactic of using Huss. Only reason would've been to push up the over-rate. It is really one-sided cricket seeing one side rattling at over 4 p.o in both innings, and another one at sub-3.

pup11

International Coach
How atrocious has the fielding been today?

Anyway, if this test is evidence of Ponting's motivational qualities, then ..........................
I mean c'mon lets stop having a go at Ponting for everything, lets give some credit to the Indian team they have smashed the Australian team hapless in this game and its now starting to show too.

Precambrian

Banned
Gambhir really played a sensational knock. Granted the pitch was flat and the bowling was poor, but he played quite a few brilliant shots and really turned the situation from bad to worse for Aus.

Re: Lee. Was just driving now and listening on the radio, they reckon Ponting hasn't bowled Lee because of overrates, but they want to know if so, he bowled Siddle and Johnson. Furthermore it seems like Ponting only told him of this on the field, so they want to know why he didn't tell him earlier as he seemed to be upset somewhat.
Ridiculous. If Punter thinks that Siddle is more capable than Lee, then he's punting real bad. He looks completely despirited, and even let off one through his legs, and missed atleast 3 easy run out chances (easy from Aussie p.o.v) It is as if he's started to think abt the 3rd test already.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Can't imagine the tactic of using Huss. Only reason would've been to push up the over-rate. It is really one-sided cricket seeing one side rattling at over 4 p.o in both innings, and another one at sub-3.
More like 5 Runs per over. Either ways, India should declare after batting for another 10 overs and scoring quick 50-60 runs. Australia can't score 400+ in this test even if Dhoni declared it now.

biased indian

International Coach
More like 5 Runs per over. Either ways, India should declare after batting for another 10 overs and scoring quick 50-60 runs. Australia can't score 400+ in this test even if Dhoni declared it now.
but in todays pitch report it was said that this was still a good batting track with little assisitance for bowlers

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
but in todays pitch report it was said that this was still a good batting track with little assisitance for bowlers
All the more reason for giving enough overs to the bowlers to bowl Australia out. 500 is not a small score dear and giving Australia 150 overs will mean them scoring @ at least 3:25 runs per over. They have not done that in this series so far despite having some of the best conditions for batting. I dont see them winning this test match.

hammo666

Cricket Spectator
Just had a look at the FC batting averages of this Aussie side….amazing depth

1. Hayden – 53.46:laugh:
2. Katich – 54.53
3. Ponting – 60.19
4. Hussey – 54.68
5. Clarke – 42.99
6. Watson – 46.58
7. Haddin – 41.28
8. White – 41.47
9. Lee -19.30
10. Johnson - 25.96
11. Clark – 13.85
0 ,13, 0, ? Haydos is struggling.He''ll pack it in after this tour! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If India do not declare at 250 (lead of 450), it will be shocking.
It will be shocking but I do not think they will, because they have already made 230 and they wont pad up for just 20 runs ( i.e. 4-5 overs). They will score at least 70 more runs and give Australia 500 to chase in 140 overs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think Australia are completely out of it now, personally. India batting on from here would just help Australia's chances of drawing it - nothing to gain at all for mine.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia...still as arrogant as ever.

What one earth makes him believe they can chase down 430+ Hey Watson you moron, you only scored 269 in the first innings, plus you were plumb LBW on about 30 and given not out.

Crazy.
Ponting blagging Dhoni into batting on for too long?