• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Craig

World Traveller
As Dayle Steyn said "the IPL is a paid holiday"

Shaun Marsh shouldnt be anywhere near the test team - he might have talent but he simply doesnt have the performances on the board to justify selection before players with years of outstanding returns
I suppose one could say who his father is and probably helped him along a fair bit, and probably a Test spot?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Disagree a little. I think India needs a few more.
You reckon Australia can score over 420 runs on the fourth and fifth days of a Test match in the subcontinent against two quality spinners despite the fact that they only scored 268 in the first innings and lost seven wickets to the spinners?!?!

You have so much more faith in this team than I do. Hell, you have more faith in this team than I've ever had in any team before in my lifetime.

Australia's best chance to get something out of this game is if India bat on past a 450 lead. Ponting will be loving these tactics.

Craig

World Traveller
Well Hodge played in the West Indies and did well so consistency would dictate it would indeed be him. What could count against him though is how horrible he looked in India when he played that ODI series.
Why should ODIs count for anything come Tests? I have never understood that one.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If we can take wickets with the new ball we'll win, if not then I can see the Aussies grinding out the draw.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Gambhir really played a sensational knock. Granted the pitch was flat and the bowling was poor, but he played quite a few brilliant shots and really turned the situation from bad to worse for Aus.

Re: Lee. Was just driving now and listening on the radio, they reckon Ponting hasn't bowled Lee because of overrates, but they want to know if so, he bowled Siddle and Johnson. Furthermore it seems like Ponting only told him of this on the field, so they want to know why he didn't tell him earlier as he seemed to be upset somewhat.
I'm tired of people talking about the pitch. Yes, the pitch was flat. One team scored runs, the other didn't. It shouldn't even need to be mentioned IMO.

biased indian

International Coach
You reckon Australia can score over 420 runs on the fourth and fifth days of a Test match in the subcontinent against two quality spinners despite the fact that they only scored 268 in the first innings and lost seven wickets to the spinners?!?!

You have so much more faith in this team than I do. Hell, you have more faith in this team than I've ever had in any team before in my lifetime.

Australia's best chance to get something out of this game is if India bat on past a 450 lead. Ponting will be loving these tactics.
if we cannot take 10 wickets in 140 overs..dont thnk we deserve to win this match any way...setting 500+ is to win the mental battel rather than anything else

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why should ODIs count for anything come Tests? I have never understood that one.
Well it's not so much that he didn't score any runs - it's that he looked absolutely clueless against the Indian spinners on the pitches over there. It probably shouldn't count for much but there's a lot of competition for places so it wouldn't surprise me if it cost him.

pasag

RTDAS
I'm tired of people talking about the pitch. Yes, the pitch was flat. One team scored runs, the other didn't. It shouldn't even need to be mentioned IMO.
Don't really care if you're tired or not, it's a pitch that's horribly flat and should be mentioned in discussion of the match and when analysing an innings. It was still a sensational knock from Gambhir but you're deluding yourself if you think these are tough batting conditions.

Mister Wright

Ha, well this is officially the first major selection blunder of the post McGrath/Warne era. Really overblowing this Symonds situation.
What they're saying is that, they don't care about picking the best players. Symonds has done his time and he's back playing cricket. He's not a school kid ffs. Just let him know if he oversteps the mark again, he will never be considered for selection again. If he's smart enough he'll know to stick to the guidelines. He's being paid as one of our top 10 cricketers, so he should be considered to replace Jaques. Quite frankly it's a joke he won't be replacing him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

i gotta have faith,
i gotta have faith,
i gotta have faith,
i gotta have faith!
faith! ahhhh faith!! ahhhhh!!!!

duffer

What they're saying is that, they don't care about picking the best players. Symonds has done his time and he's back playing cricket. He's not a school kid ffs. Just let him know if he oversteps the mark again, he will never be considered for selection again. If he's smart enough he'll know to stick to the guidelines. He's being paid as one of our top 10 cricketers, so he should be considered to replace Jaques. Quite frankly it's a joke he won't be replacing him.
I'd love to see him called up. Would definitely be fun to watch. Just bring it I say.

pup11

International Coach
Well it's not so much that he didn't score any runs - it's that he looked absolutely clueless against the Indian spinners on the pitches over there. It probably shouldn't count for much but there's a lot of competition for places so it wouldn't surprise me if it cost him.
Its not really like the guy who is gonna come in is really gonna play in the XI, so whoever it may be doesn't make much of a difference imo, its either gonna be Hussey or Hodge.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
India should not bat any more than 8 overs now. Score as much as you want, give them pasting of their lives and declare.