• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Mate, if saying "We'd have won the Sydney Test if they hadn't claimed catches off half-volleys in that game" isn't calling someone a cheat, what is?

Hilarious to see Hussey warned for running on the wicket. In this situation why wouldn't the umpires let him keep doing it when his team's batting last on it?
Nope that is just stating facts........it still gives the Aussies the scope to say that they did not realise that the catches were grassed. To call them cheats would give them no backdoor out to save face.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He might as well yelled out "Micheal" intending Clarke, but the other one turned up, and POnting wouldve thought, "What the hell".

Where is Lee gone? Giving him rest for the impending 4th innings?
really LOL'd at that one, for some reason..

my office mates here must be thinking I m crazy..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope that is just stating facts........it still gives the Aussies the scope to say that they did not realise that the catches were grassed. To call them cheats would give them no backdoor out to save face.
Can see how one could interpret the comments that way.

Precambrian

Banned
Well done Gambhir. Thou shalt not be called a 2nd innings disaster anymore. (Though cynics here would say that was against Hussey & Co.)

Precambrian

Banned
Garb Gambhir. Anyway well played. Who will come next? I'd want Ganguly to put his "princely" stamp and for getting the RHB-LHB thing going.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mate, if saying "We'd have won the Sydney Test if they hadn't claimed catches off half-volleys in that game" isn't calling someone a cheat, what is?
No it isn't. It is just that Ponting and his team respect that agreement and claimed the catches when there was plenty of doubt. He didn't say it that they deliberaty did it knowing it fully well that that they had grounded the catch. If he had said something like that then he would be accusing them of cheating.

Indian team were unhappy with the way Ponting wagged his finger @ umpire when there was plenty of doubt in that catch. From what I remember, There were two bump catches in that test, one claimed by captain himself.

Here is what Kumble said about the issue back then :-

"We had decided that in the case of a disputed catch, we would take the word of the fielder concerned, if he was certain. But that agreement was based on the premise that come what may, whatever the situation, the fielder concerned would be completely straight on what happened. Now, there will obviously be a big question mark moving forward on that....I'd like to point out that someone [Michael Clarke] edged the ball to slips in the second innings of the Sydney Test, and stood there even when there was not an iota of doubt over the dismissal, He then claimed a catch that showed more than reasonable doubt and said he was 100% certain it was clean."