• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Why would Sachin review the decision? It makes no sense. Him and Dravid have been in wretched form - they have both been a liability in this series. Our middle order has been a joke. Hopefully, Parthiv Patel will be able to boost the middle order with some scores.

PS: Dravid staying at 3 seems to be working.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
For Lankan bowlers.
My post was obviously sarcastic.

Gimme VVS Laxman anytime (at current form) and Badri at No. 6.
Ooo, dangerous territory to drop Dravid. The selectors have shown their cluenessness though, not including Badrinath in this Test squad and instead including Rohit Sharma (8-) ). It really should not be a decision, when Dhoni comes back, Parthiv Patel and Badrinath should be, without a doubt, the first two reserve middle order batsmen. Badrinath's 990 runs at 66.00 and Parthiv's 1103 runs at 58.05 this domestic season are only matched, in terms of middle order batsmen, by Kaif who scored 993 runs at 58.41. Kaif, imo, should be third reserve middle order batsmen.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Manee said:
Ooo, dangerous territory to drop Dravid. The selectors have shown their cluenessness though, not including Badrinath in this Test squad and instead including Rohit Sharma (8-) ). It really should not be a decision, when Dhoni comes back, Parthiv Patel and Badrinath should be, without a doubt, the first two reserve middle order batsmen. Badrinath's 990 runs at 66.00 and Parthiv's 1103 runs at 58.05 are only matched, in terms of middle order batsmen, by Kaif who scored 993 runs at 58.41. Kaif, imo, should be third reserve middle order batsmen.
What stats are these?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Having seen more of him, Prasad looks very impressive. He has pace, he has swing and he can skid the ball through off a length. I like the look of his action too; very classical with a beautiful follow through. The only issue with him could be injury (pace from a relatively short man must put strain on the body) and maintaining pace throughout a day/series for the same reason that it requires a lot of effort.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ganguly gone. Whatever Laxman scores, Parthiv's runs will bhe absolutely crucial - this is a major opportunity for him when he comes in.

Match firmly in Sri Lanka's control, this pitch looks quite flat.

Dissector

International Debutant
Yet another review goes Sri Lanka's way. Has anyone kept count of the number of decisions that they have gotten overturned so far? I think it must be 8 or 9. AFAIK India hasn't gotten a single decision overturned till now.

If the review system is adopted it will really help bowlers like Mendis who bowl wicket to wicket get those lbw's which previously were given the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think there is much in the wicket so Sri Lanka could get a really big lead in their first innings. Let's see if Parthiv is better at grabbing opportunities than Karthik.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS, India collapse AGAIN. It is just getting silly now, we can no longer flaunt our middle order as it is seriously a shabby one. Tendulkar has been in wretched form since 2004, outside Oceania and Dravid has gone totally into his shell - we don't have one of the strongest middle orders, we have one of the weakest middle orders. India must learn that we must put our strongest at the top of the middle order which means Laxman at three. We must protect the out of form Dravid from the new ball and early morning moisture and so put him at six.

Precambrian

Banned
I think the Indian fans are going a bit hyperbole here. The obvious fact is that apart from Sehwag and to a degree Gambhir, the others have not been able to crack Mendis. And I think while Tendulkar showed signs of picking him in the first test, he's kept falling to other bowlers. Dravid and Ganguly have been clearly treading red zone quite some time now, and age is unfortunately no longer on their side.

Selectors clearly lack any vision for the Test side. And unfortunately the future cap Dhoni too is not helping matters much with his lackadaisical ODI-T20 focussed approach. The need to find good backup for Dravid and Ganguly. And here is where Badri and possibly Raina can step in.

Precambrian

Banned
On a negative note, it remains to be seen how Mendis is going to fare on overseas.. esp Australia etc.

Also once the mystery factor fades off.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Badrinath isn't called up for our next Test series then I'm supporting the opposition. It'll be pathetic if these guys in our middle order keep their spots now.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
On a negative note, it remains to be seen how Mendis is going to fare on overseas.. esp Australia etc.

Also once the mystery factor fades off.
Sure but you can't have much better start to your international career than this. getting 22 wickets in 3 tests against a very strong batting lineup is a fantastic effort. Its why I can't wait to see Australia play Sri Lanka.

Precambrian

Banned
Just cannot understand what is going inside the mind of the selectors! A woefully out of form Rohit Sharma persisted with, so too a Yuvraj Singh, and an unproven Parthiv Patel. On any day Badri walks in ahead of these three on current form.