• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If England lose this Test then the curious (or maybe not so much) terrible record of England with Flintoff in the side continues.
Nice angling ...

Actually, the other trend is our record at Headingley, which has seen more than its share of the most abysmal English performances over the years.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
That England's record with Flintoff in the side was disproportionately poor.
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1495139&postcount=2205

A little old but it has been mentioned before
Code:
Name		Games Played in Won	Games Played in Not Won	    % Games Played Won
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Harmison		28			27			51%
Strauss			21			22			48.8%
Vaughan			35			37			48.6%
Trescothick		37			39			48.6%
Hoggard			31			34			47.7%
Anderson		9			11			45%				
Flintoff		27			40			40.3%				
Bell			12			20			37.5%

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Nice catch, interesting to see Anderson showed more ticker than most of the England top order.
He must be wondering why he bothered. wtf was the point of that particular shot Bell? he really is as thick as they come at times.

All over by tea you'd have thought, but this wicket is still blameless.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Super take, tbf. Sigh...

Time for one of Ambrose, Flintoff or Broad to show some gumption here. The game's gone short of divine intervention (& if Jesus, Allah, Jehovah or Buddha are reading this, please feel free....) but we've got the better part of a day & two sessions to restore some credibility.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ripper of a catch :D my inning and 30run defeat prediction is looking good.
Do you really see England adding another 140?

Still, my forecast shortly after tea on Day 1 of an innings defeat in 4 days isn't looking my worst.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Damn. Hate it when wickets fall to Long-Hops. ABdeV definately caught that one.
For someone who pays so much attention to detail to your posts, I'm amazed that you can't spell "definitely". :huh:

Excellent performance by the South Africans so far. I'm very pleased for them, especially Graeme Smith, who had the courage to send England in again after the decision backfired so spectacularly at Lord's.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Where does this one rank in the most embarrassing Test defeats list, then?
I dunno. There's plenty to choose from even at Headingley - SA in 2003, India in 2002, innings defeat to Aus in 1997, India in 1986, NZ in 1983. Seems we're either mildly heroic or completely dire at this ground, with very little in between.