• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also what are you going to do when Fletcher, Lucas and Lloyd go?

Yes you can say the same to an extent about Richo, but at least we've moved him out of full forward, and am trying to groom others such as Riewoldt, Morton and Hughes to take his place.

Other than Ryder, who else is going to take the place of those blokes? Courney Johns? :dry:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Also what are you going to do when Fletcher, Lucas and Lloyd go?

Yes you can say the same to an extent about Richo, but at least we've moved him out of full forward, and am trying to groom others such as Riewoldt, Morton and Hughes to take his place.

Other than Ryder, who else is going to take the place of those blokes? Courney Johns? :dry:
We have replacements for those guys... They're all injured though....

Neagle and Gumbleton are both awesome talents, Backline is a bit of a worry but Ryder is a star and Pears has looked verry good when not injured (Story of our season). Johns did his knee in the VFL 2 weeks ago and will be de-listed at years end.

Here is proof of our injury list.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/weekly.asp

We have enough for a starting 18 of injured players.

Our future looks awesome provided we can cut down the injuries...

On one of the footy shows a few weeks back they showed a list of players who'd played all games for the season, We were last with just 3.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
We've only 4 players on our main list who haven't played this season Leigh Adams(Season long injury - Obst elevated in his place and played), Levi Greenwood(good chance to debut this week), Robbie Tarrant(only just back from being out since pre season) and Ben Warren. I'd say our injurie situation this season has been up there with anyone in the AFL

In other news, Eddie Mcguire is a ****

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Essendon have obviously earmarked their spine within the club. It's just that those guys who have been earmarked have struggled to get out on the park enough for the media to go, "Oh wow, look at Essendon's kids!" like they love to do with everyone else. The other thing though is that Essendon haven't been able to get enough of a look at them to know whether they'll be up to it, and what the improvements they need to make at AFL level.

The real worry is that second tall defender. I guess they originally were hoping for Kepler to look after that spot. Hehe.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Essendon have obviously earmarked their spine within the club. It's just that those guys who have been earmarked have struggled to get out on the park enough for the media to go, "Oh wow, look at Essendon's kids!" like they love to do with everyone else. The other thing though is that Essendon haven't been able to get enough of a look at them to know whether they'll be up to it, and what the improvements they need to make at AFL level.

The real worry is that second tall defender. I guess they originally were hoping for Kepler to look after that spot. Hehe.
Spot on....

You've nailed it in one post, that 2nd key defender is the major worry and it is why we recruited Pears and will look to recruit a few more tallls to play back. Tall forwards aren't an issue, if anything we have too many. Knights may look to groom Daniher down back but having seen him play juniors whilst being a capable backmen, he is a natural forward who can take a contested grab.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Spot on....

You've nailed it in one post, that 2nd key defender is the major worry and it is why we recruited Pears and will look to recruit a few more tallls to play back. Tall forwards aren't an issue, if anything we have too many. Knights may look to groom Daniher down back but having seen him play juniors whilst being a capable backmen, he is a natural forward who can take a contested grab.
Over time though, a lot of key defenders tended to have played forward in their junior footy. Just natural, I guess - the most talented, athletic talls will be put forward by their junior coaches to win games of footy.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[B][U]CW Tipping Ladder - Round 16[/U][/B]

DCYE - 90
BBrumby - 88
Alternative - 86
Cameeel - 86
Jono - 84
Sam_Vimes - 84
Pasag - 83
Voltman - 82
Josh - 82
MikeW - 82
Sir B.I - 82
Clapo - 81
SKD - 81
HeathDavisSpeed - 81
Ash Chaulk - 80
R_D - 79
James90 - 78
NZT - 78
Irfan - 74
Matteh - 74
MorgieB - 67
Simon - 65
Nnanden - 64
Vic_Orthodox - 63
Hoggy - 62
. DYCE stays on top, though BB gains a point on him. BBrumby also top scored with 6/8 for Round 16, missing out on Sydney and Fremantle
. No tips from Clapo, Hoggy, Irfan, MorgieB, Nnnaden, R_D, or Vic_Orthodox

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
[B][U]CW Tipping Ladder - Round 16[/U][/B]

DCYE - 90
BBrumby - 88
Alternative - 86
Cameeel - 86
Jono - 84
Sam_Vimes - 84
Pasag - 83
Voltman - 82
Josh - 82
MikeW - 82
Sir B.I - 82
Clapo - 81
SKD - 81
HeathDavisSpeed - 81
Ash Chaulk - 80
R_D - 79
James90 - 78
NZT - 78
Irfan - 74
Matteh - 74
MorgieB - 67
Simon - 65
Nnanden - 64
Vic_Orthodox - 63
Hoggy - 62
. DYCE stays on top, though BB gains a point on him. BBrumby also top scored with 6/8 for Round 16, missing out on Sydney and Fremantle
. No tips from Clapo, Hoggy, Irfan, MorgieB, Nnnaden, R_D, or Vic_Orthodox
Actually, I put my tips in way early :)

cameeel

International Captain
Actually, I put my tips in way early :)
Fair enough, thanks mate.

Code:
[B][U]CW Tipping Ladder - Round 16 (Revised)[/U][/B]

DCYE - 90
BBrumby - 88
Alternative - 86
Cameeel - 86
Clapo - 84
Jono - 84
Sam_Vimes - 84
Pasag - 83
Voltman - 82
Josh - 82
MikeW - 82
Sir B.I - 82
SKD - 81
HeathDavisSpeed - 81
Ash Chaulk - 80
R_D - 79
James90 - 78
NZT - 78
Irfan - 74
Matteh - 74
MorgieB - 67
Simon - 65
Nnanden - 64
Vic_Orthodox - 63
Hoggy - 62
. DYCE stays on top, though BB gains a point on him. BBrumby also equal top scored along with Clapo, tipping 6/8 for Round 16
. No tips from Hoggy, Irfan, MorgieB, Nnnaden, R_D, or Vic_Orthodox
. Clapo jumps to fifth on the back of his four bonus points

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't tip Friday nights game, itstl.
Yeah, don't know why. Would've went for the 'pies anyway so no loss. In other news Solomon is scum, and the Cats are gun. Collingwood are the only team they fear imo, and even then, with a full compliment of players, I'd expect the Cats to get over the line 9/10 in the finals.

pasag

RTDAS
Hawthorn vs Geelong
Essendon vs Collingwood
West Coast vs St Kilda
Richmond vs Brisbane
Sydney vs Adelaide
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle
Melbourne vs North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton

A couple of tough ones in the middle there that could go either way.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hawthorn vs Geelong
Essendon vs Collingwood
West Coast vs St Kilda
Richmond vs Brisbane
Sydney vs Adelaide
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle
Melbourne vs North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.