• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I have seen Joginder Sharma bowl though and I think that he looks okay.
Oh he looks 'okay' but thats about it. He doesn't command a place in the Indian side. There are many others in the domestic circuit who look okay too.

Play a fes FC games that are against international sides (like Test matches for example) or against domestic sides where the cream of Indian batting stars is represented and see what happens to your figures.

There are so many players in India who have great Fc figures till they include only Ranji Trophy etc. Add the Test figures, if they are lucky enough to be included, and then the more they play the worse the FC figures become, corrupted' as they are by the Test performance.

pasag

RTDAS
I don't blame Dhoni, he's obviously too fatigued and from his point of view he has more of a duty to the one-day side as its captain and one of its best players to be there. I may not like it, but I understand it somewhat.

However, I do blame the BCCI for putting him in a position where he has to make such a decision. This is like Dylan's never-ending tour, been going non-stop since 1988 with no sign of it stopping anytime soon.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh he looks 'okay' but thats about it. He doesn't command a place in the Indian side. There are many others in the domestic circuit who look okay too.
Such as who? He seems a level above the average domestic medium pacer.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
http://content-gulf.cricinfo.com/slvind/content/current/story/360307.html

I would've rested during the Asia Cup and come back for the tests

But hey, I'm a dinosaur
Disgusting.

Mark my words. This is the beginning of the end. I realize he is the ODI captain, but resting for a Test series (against a top 8 nation at that) while going full throttle on a million meaningless ODIs?

This is not good for Indian cricket. Why would a bowler want to toil away day after day in a Test match when now there is much more money to be made in ODI and T20 via endorsements and such? We're in trouble.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Gautam Gambhir
Virender Sehwag
VVS Laxman
Sachin Tendulkar
Sourav Ganguly
Rahul Dravid
Dinesh Karthik
Anil Kumble
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma
Not a bad team, very strong bowlers, but don't be surprised if Ganguly comes on at first change. If the Sri Lankans can get on top of Kumble and Singh, they will dominate the series tbph. I'm expecting Tendulkar to chip in with a few overs as well as Ganguly to help the bowlers, considering they only named two pace bowlers (thus forcing Ganguly to be the third).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Disgusting.

Mark my words. This is the beginning of the end. I realize he is the ODI captain, but resting for a Test series (against a top 8 nation at that) while going full throttle on a million meaningless ODIs?

This is not good for Indian cricket. Why would a bowler want to toil away day after day in a Test match when now there is much more money to be made in ODI and T20 via endorsements and such? We're in trouble.
Oh and I realize that the following is an excessive schedule:
Since 2007, Dhoni has played 14 Tests, 56 ODIs and eight Twenty20 internationals - 134 days of international cricket in a span of less than 20 months. He also captained Chennai Super Kings to the final of the Indian Premier League, and featured in all their 16 matches.
But you don't rest anyone for Test cricket. Ever. I'm sure he could have rested for about 95% of those ODIs, or if he didn't want that, then the T20s, or something. Anything.

Not Test cricket.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Such as who? He seems a level above the average domestic medium pacer.
Before I plunge into a prolonged discussion over this, do you really watch any domestic Indian cricket or are you just saying all this from stats and reading some reports ?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Before I plunge into a prolonged discussion over this, do you really watch any domestic Indian cricket or are you just saying all this from stats and reading some reports ?
A side question: is it possible to watch domestic cricket? I didn't think the games were televised.

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
good to see yuvraj dropped from the test side - he needs to sort himself out. i'm not convinced with including rohit sharma in the squad, he hasn't done anything in FC cricket. would much rather see someone like Mohammed Kaif or Badri included over him. Let rohit play some FC cricket and prove that he can play in the longer form of the game, not to mention his recent form in hte Kitply and Asia Cups has been less than stellar.

Nishant

International 12th Man
good to see yuvraj dropped from the test side - he needs to sort himself out. i'm not convinced with including rohit sharma in the squad, he hasn't done anything in FC cricket. would much rather see someone like Mohammed Kaif or Badri included over him. Let rohit play some FC cricket and prove that he can play in the longer form of the game, not to mention his recent form in hte Kitply and Asia Cups has been less than stellar.
i would agree with that: although i do see Sharma a member of the test squad in the future, i do think he is not yet ready 4 the challenge...would have liked to see Kaif in the team tbh...jus feel he deserves one last chance b4 he is completely written off national selection.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Asia Cup is the 2nd most important OD tournment after the World Cup IMO. Would rather win that then the Champions Trophy.
ok m8....i know ur really happy with the SLankan victory...bt seriously? even u kno u didnt mean that....

congrats tho.... :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
A side question: is it possible to watch domestic cricket? I didn't think the games were televised.
Many of them are now shown on one of the new cricket channels sponsored by BCCi - Neo sports and Neo sports plus.

But you are right most people do not watch first class cricket, even when it is telecast - forget going to the ground to watch. Thus most opinions are formed from scores or dubious quality reporting by the media who too are suspected to be making up most of the stuff from the end result (score cards) rather than any actual watching of the game.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
You get the impression that I am being arguementative intentionally, but I am not. I am honestly asking who as I have only seen a limited amount of domestic cricket in the form of the Duleep Trophy final and the Challenger Trophies over the years as well as the IPL.