• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The good part about the Indian batting so far today has been that both the batsmen have looked to play an attacking shot whenever they can.

This is such a crucial session. If India collapse, they are out of this series almost 100%. If they make runs, they can give a good fight. The Indian batsmen looking good so far.

ozone

First Class Debutant
I don't think a slower ptich would really help Lee and Mitchell TBH.

Lovely shot by Ganguly, BTW. - and that one from Sachin wasn't bad, poor old Brad.

Beleg

International Regular
I am loving the batting at the moment. These two are a joy to watch.

'Best bowler I ever faced...' - Slater

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't think a slower ptich would really help Lee and Mitchell TBH.
The pitch hasn't changed that much today except a bit more slower than yesterday. Compared to yesterday, today would be a bit more difficult for our stroke players. For instance, I wouldn't be too confident about Laxman making runs at the rate he did yesterday if he was batting today. It needs more effort today to make the runs in my opinion.

ozone

First Class Debutant
The pitch hasn't changed that much today except a bit more slower than yesterday. Compared to yesterday, today would be a bit more difficult for our stroke players. For instance, I wouldn't be too confident about Laxman making runs at the rate he did yesterday if he was batting today. It needs more effort today to make the runs in my opinion.
Its more effort to score runs quickly i.e. hit boundaries. But an accumulator on a slow pitch is going to find things easier.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Ganguly batting beautifully. Since his return I have yet to see him play a negative innings. He's always on the attack and playing positive cricket. Amazing comeback.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Its more effort to score runs quickly i.e. hit boundaries. But an accumulator on a slow pitch is going to find things easier.
Our batsmen are Tendulkar (who hasn't been able to time or place it properly to the offside so far which meant balls going to the fielders), Ganguly, Yuvraj and Dhoni - not exactly accumulators... ;)

I am not saying this is a difficult pitch to bat on mind.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Has anyone noticed how Micheal Clarke's Test figures make him look like God's gift to allrounders

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ganguly in lovely touch, especially since his return.

Partyush was just saying that there is a decent sized crack on a good length for Johnson, that should help him a fair bit. Not been all that impressed with him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Leg bye signalled.

Tendulkar not happy at all.

haha. Batsmen hate it when they don't get runs.

hahahahahah. Next ball, hits it for six.

Goes on about the leg bye to Ganguly after hitting the six!

!!!

ozone

First Class Debutant
Our batsmen are Tendulkar (who hasn't been able to time or place it properly to the offside so far which meant balls going to the fielders), Ganguly, Yuvraj and Dhoni - not exactly accumulators... ;)

I am not saying this is a difficult pitch to bat on mind.
Point taken :ph34r: