• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This match is a farce by the way. So many bad decisions and I am complaining as cricket fan, not an Indian fan - it is irritating to see so many bad decisions, whichever side they go for. Even if they even out in the end or have been even throughout the game, it becomes irritating that umpiring errors were such a big highlight. I remember this test in West Indies in 1997. The umpires wouldn't give an LBW whatever happened. So the batsmen were just putting the leg in front of the wicket and the match was dire. They were being equally wrong to both teams and it meant that the cricket match was a joke.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only a matter of time before India lose another wicket one feels, they're starting to look shaky.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Only a matter of time before India lose another wicket one feels, they're starting to look shaky.
Yuvraj has no idea about the pace of the wicket so far. His timing has been terrible. Also, hasn't been comfortable against the spin.

Tendulkar is overly cautious, particularly versus Clarke, perhaps not wanting to take unnecessary risks before he is more confident about the pace of the wicket.

Intirguing stuff to watch.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
New ball has been taken btw. Good timing - try and get the batsmen while they are finding it difficult.

ozone

First Class Debutant
New ball will probably provide some relief. The ball will come onto the bat a bit more and might give Yuvraj a chance to get in.

Beleg

International Regular
This is the first time I am watching Mitchel Johnson, and boy is he an ugly bowler to watch.

Don't think he's gonna last long in test cricket with this sorta run-up and action.

Laurrz

International Debutant
quite an average delivery...didn't swing

i'll take it tho :)

Yuvraj looks uncomfortable playing against Lee...really does

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Lee takes Yuvraj. So the decision to take the new ball pays off for Ponting. A very poor inning from Yuvraj. The big mistake on his part was that he looked at playing attacking strokes when he should have defended it and fought it out there in the middle - he played far too attacking strokes for my liking right through the inning given how he was batting (even the wicket was off a stroke attempt). Every one is not Dravid or Tendulkar though - two players who are willing to grind it in the middle even when the going is tough.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's wrong wityh Healy?
Everything he says seems to be either an idiotic comment offering no insight (unless it's about wicket-keeping), or just generally talking rubbish. Can't stand him at all.

Beleg

International Regular
Everything he says seems to be either an idiotic comment offering no insight (unless it's about wicket-keeping), or just generally talking rubbish. Can't stand him at all.
He's talking a lot of sense.

Edit: Okay, I take it back. He does talk some nonsense from time to time. But the guy commentating alongside him is worse. MUCH worse.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I can't believe we shuffled up the lineup for this guy. I want him to play the rest of the series - and then be dropped for good so we don't have people constantly clamoring for him.