• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
There goes one super star a billion have been screaming for - with less than 20 in three innings. In comes another. Will he do better?
*crosses fingers and toes*

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't believe we shuffled up the lineup for this guy. I want him to play the rest of the series - and then be dropped for good so we don't have people constantly clamoring for him.
Trouble is, even dismal failure in this series won't stop people calling for Yuvraj. If he continues to score mountains of runs in ODI cricket and perform well domestically, both of which he has been doing, then there will always be supporters pushing for his inclusion.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Trouble is, even dismal failure in this series won't stop people calling for Yuvraj. If he continues to score mountains of runs in ODI cricket and perform well domestically, both of which he has been doing, then there will always be supporters pushing for his inclusion.
Yup, but at least the people who know cricket won't be.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Gah, that Clarke to Tendulkar LBW is so much like what happens to all spinners, unless you've got a "reputation". If you get hit like that off a pace bowler, it's out, but too a spinner they give it not out just because he's gone forward. Hate it so much.

Beleg

International Regular
Yup, but at least the people who know cricket won't be.
Umm no. The problem with Yuvraj isn't his technique or timings or limitations or any of the other usual factors - ideally, there is no reason he should NOT succeed at test level. However, he just isn't sure of the role he is supposed to play in the team, and he isn't mature enough, or perhaps good enough, to choose roles based on the game situation.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Changing the whole line-up for Yuvraj has probably done just as much harm to himself mentally than Dravid and the rest of the team. Its a big burden.

He obviously hasn't lived up to it atm, unfortunately.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I wouldn't be too critical of Yuvraj except the approach. I wouldn't say any thing on the line of he isn't a very good test player based on this inning. If there is any player who likes the ball coming on to the bat, it is Yuvraj Singh and he was struggling with the timing, even missing some balls completely.

Bhogle also comments that he wonders if he is 100% fit or not as he looked out of sorts and even struggled with his fielding - one aspect he hardly ever struggles with.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Why the hell is this Johnson dude in the team?
Because he's done well in ODIs and in his more recent FC appearances? He had the best form and fitness of the three pacers competing for the third seamer spot in the test team. That is Johnson, Tait and Hilfenhaus.

He's bowled pretty well at times in test cricket this summer, but I'd say it's fairly obvious he has some things to work on still. He doesn't really justify a spot with the new ball right now IMO, though he's capable of bowling some unplayable deliveries. His old ball bowling can be very good at times. Bowled one of the best spells of the first test right at the end of the match.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Gah, that Clarke to Tendulkar LBW is so much like what happens to all spinners, unless you've got a "reputation". If you get hit like that off a pace bowler, it's out, but too a spinner they give it not out just because he's gone forward. Hate it so much.
yep, when i saw the ump move his finger i thought he was gonna give it :dry:

lol what a big wicket that would've been

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lol, was it Clark or Clarke who gave you ball back mate?
Btw its seriously dumb on part of CA to ban the beach balls, i know some idiot once tried to punch the ball and instead whacked his fist into a lady's jaw but that was just a freak accident.
It was Clarke.

And haha Nath, was that really your beach ball? :laugh:
Yeah, Clarke.

I am indeed one of the morons who provides the beach balls. Had an orange/white one and a blue/white one. Wish I could've gotten it back tbh. Good times.

Ganguly - three innings, three outs, three balls by Hogg.

Joe Ninety

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why the hell is this Johnson dude in the team?
One word - Potential.
Not too many fast bowlers tear it up during their first couple of series,and I've seen enough to suggest he is going to be a very good paceman in the years to come.The selectors have done the right thing picking him at this stage.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Johnson has not looked the finished test product to me whenever I have watched him in tests. Tait is ahead of him right now, particularly with the way he was bowling in the recent ODI matches and how Johnson has been inconsistent with his line. Many of the shots Indians hit him for yesterday were balls down the leg side and you don't bowl to the Indians on the legs - it is suicide. Expect Tait to come into the next test. Problem is, it is Perth and Hogg doesn't seem likely to play the next test imo with it being Perth and Indians carting him a fair bit. So who will be the 4th bowler? Johnson or some one else?

Last edited: