• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If it's 3pm then you can manage it by coach on the day.
I'll book the net because they should give me a discount :D

So 3pm is a definite?

Btw, anyone coming from New Street - just hop on either the 61, 62 or 63 & get off at the Priory Rd stop; it's only £1.40 for a single.
Is it worth going for two hours rather than just one if there's eight of us?
Good idea, then we'll be able to have 15mins each batting.
Me? Bat? No chance.

Either way, now we've finally got the dates (am assuming confirmation of the net booking is shortly to come from Anna) 'tis time to organise a time and place. Me and my namesake (and hopefully sledger) will presumably be starting from Exeter at about 9AM or so all being equal, so that'd mean we'd get there at about 11 depending on various interventions.

Will Edgbaston be open when there's no game on? There's one convenient no-pay car-park just opposite if not. That'd be the best place if the ground wouldn't be open when we got there. If not, we should just meet there methinks. Unless someone else wants to be picked-up from New Street. 8-)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Me? Bat? No chance.

Either way, now we've finally got the dates (am assuming confirmation of the net booking is shortly to come from Anna) 'tis time to organise a time and place. Me and my namesake (and hopefully sledger) will presumably be starting from Exeter at about 9AM or so all being equal, so that'd mean we'd get there at about 11 depending on various interventions.

Will Edgbaston be open when there's no game on? There's one convenient no-pay car-park just opposite if not. That'd be the best place if the ground wouldn't be open when we got there. If not, we should just meet there methinks. Unless someone else wants to be picked-up from New Street. 8-)
I can't book until Wednesday cos they've been closed since Sun.

Richard, the ground will be open but you now have to pay to park there. Do you mean there's a carpark immediately opposite the ground? If so there is now a large number of flash appartments there instead.....

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Me? Bat? No chance.

Why bother getting there that early!

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't book until Wednesday cos they've been closed since Sun.

Richard, the ground will be open but you now have to pay to park there. Do you mean there's a carpark immediately opposite the ground? If so there is now a large number of flash appartments there instead.....
Naah, that place is different. It's on that side of the road but between the gate to Cannon Hill Park and between the new apartments. Have my doubts that you're supposed to park there for Edgbaston but have parked there before with and without Richard and had no problems.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
. Me and my namesake (and hopefully sledger) will presumably be starting from Exeter at about 9AM or so all being equal, so that'd mean we'd get there at about 11 depending on various interventions.
Exeter to Edgbaston in 2 hours? You've either hired a helicopter or you're a very dangerous driver.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Google Maps says 156 miles in 2h49. Given that there is a 143-mile stretch of motorway involved, that is 2h07 - so 42 minutes on minor roads.

The 143 miles would need to be done in 78 minutes... at 110mph

Averaging 90mph would give you the motorway stint in 95 minutes, and a more sensible 2h17.