• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Exeter to Edgbaston in 2 hours? You've either hired a helicopter or you're a very dangerous driver.
It might be a bit longer than 2 hours TBH, but nah, I'm not very dangerous, just very good. :happy:

More importantly, do we want to make it a bit later then? Say 1 o'clock?

Anna

International Vice-Captain
It might be a bit longer than 2 hours TBH, but nah, I'm not very dangerous, just very good. :happy:

More importantly, do we want to make it a bit later then? Say 1 o'clock?
It takes me around 2hrs 30 from junction 23 on the M5, and that's on a good day, so from Exeter should be around 45mins/1hour later.

Anna

Right, the net is now booked! Do we want 1hr30 or 2 hours? I need to confirm tomorrow.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Go for 2 hours I reckon, nobody will complain if you have the extra 30 mins, but somebody will if you run out of time.

Anna

But if we don't use the extra 30 mins, we'll have to pay for it anyway....

Btw football shirts are not allowed, centre policy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wouldn't that work-out at another £2 per person for the unused half-hour?

Go for 1-and-a-half if you think that'd be better - I for 1 am unlikely to manage to bowl solid for 2 full hours - but I think we can play safe without too much danger can't we?

Anna

Wouldn't that work-out at another £2 per person for the unused half-hour?

Go for 1-and-a-half if you think that'd be better - I for 1 am unlikely to manage to bowl solid for 2 full hours - but I think we can play safe without too much danger can't we?
Not batting then? If not, why not?!?!

Anna

You'll never improve if you don't try!!!! Everyone has to have a bat, I think that should be a condition of coming to the meet-up :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Believe me, I can try as much as I want, I don't do this "get better at batting" lark. Top-score of 15 in the last 4 seasons.

I'm happy to bowl, and work the camera (me and my namesake will bring our varied-calibre implements).