• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I daresay, even with Hopes in the attack, and Gilly captaining, that this total will be safe. ;)
:laugh:

Really depends how quickly Ganguly scores at the top. You can't put too much pressure on Dhoni and Yuvraj to score 50 off 35 or anything, so Tendulkar will need to ease some pressure on his opening partner and look to get Australia off to a flier.

Without Bracken and McGrath, I'd put a lazy $10 on India TBH. Clark can still be belted around, while Johnson is rather inexperienced. Lee and Hogg to be the key for Australia.

Perm

Enough of the Hopes bagging, he's gun, clearly better than any other fit allround options we have atm.
Andrew McDonald? Granted he hasn't had much exposure in higher level cricket, but he could be better than Hopes. Let's see how Hopes bowls though, it was a good innings, but if he leaks runs then it will become pretty meaningless. Also, could say more about Australia's all-round options than Hopes as a player. It's possible to be a poor player and still the best of a bad bunch, Mohammad Ashraful for Bangladesh as an example.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Andrew McDonald? Granted he hasn't had much exposure in higher level cricket, but he could be better than Hopes. Let's see how Hopes bowls though, it was a good innings, but if he leaks runs then it will become pretty meaningless.
He did say fit, MacDonald injuried as well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Runs on the board. Even if India put up a fight it will be fun watching.

2 to 1 to Australia at this stage.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year

But no you know exactly what I meant originally.

Goodbye.
Umm..no otherwise if I understood what you said we wouldn't be having this discussion. I appreciate that junior has a number of meanings but to me (doesn't have to be right) I presumed it as a judge of Uthappa's age. But you obviously meant something different which I take on board.

Matter closed imo. :)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think India were outdone by a very good innings today but the errors from England still remain. Poor death bowling and poor fielding. India cannot afford to keep these errors much longer.

On a positive note, Sreesanth was certainly bowling extremely fast and showed some maturity in the middle overs too especially in the spell leading to Hayden's dismissal. Irfan Pathan is continuing his triumphant comeback too, should he be given the new ball so he can display his deadly inswing?

Johnners

Andrew McDonald? Granted he hasn't had much exposure in higher level cricket, but he could be better than Hopes. Let's see how Hopes bowls though, it was a good innings, but if he leaks runs then it will become pretty meaningless. Also, could say more about Australia's all-round options than Hopes as a player. It's possible to be a poor player and still the best of a bad bunch, Mohammad Ashraful for Bangladesh as an example.
He did say fit, MacDonald injuried as well.
Hopes is a better OD player than McDonald.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Enough of the Hopes bagging, he's gun, clearly better than any other fit allround options we have atm.
Easily good enough to bat #7 in ODIs or maybe even #6 with more exposure, but his bowling will get pumped in most conditions IMO. It'll be interesting to see how he goes with the ball in the series though.

Perm

Irfan Pathan is continuing his triumphant comeback too, should he be given the new ball so he can display his deadly inswing?
Nope, I think that's been the key to his sucess. He wasn't given the new ball during the World Twenty20 IIRC, and that's helped him to control his bowling more and keep it tight during the middle overs.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
This next innings will actually be the much more interesting one from an Australian team point of view. Seeing how Clark and Johnson cope with only Lee for leadership will tell us a bit about how the ODI team is going to go from here, as well as who will become the 'permanent' fourth seamer once Bracken and Tait are back.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Sreesanth was coping a bit from the commentators for his wides, but the guy took out three top order Australian wickets - it was a very good bowling performance IMO. Its the first decent look at the bloke I've got and I was impressed. He's raw, but he's got lots of positives. I also like his different colours forearm warmers and groovy wave his does with his left hand in his bowling motion! ;)

Zaheer was good early, RP Singh was pus, and Powar was promising early, ugly at the end, and comedic throughout.

Perm

Sreesanth was good, but his sundries definitely cost him, you can't deny that. 1 no ball and six wides means he had to bowl an extra 7 deliveries, thankfully for him he only conceeded five from them. Still, if he had a clean sheet during the game his figures would be a far more impressive 3/43.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Sreesanth was coping a bit from the commentators for his wides, but the guy took out three top order Australian wickets - it was a very good bowling performance IMO. Its the first decent look at the bloke I've got and I was impressed. He's raw, but he's got lots of positives. I also like his different colours forearm warmers and groovy wave his does with his left hand in his bowling motion! ;)

Zaheer was good early, RP Singh was pus, and Powar was promising early, ugly at the end, and comedic throughout.
haha yea sreesanth is good .. he can wobble the ball nicely and swing both ways... and today showed his skill with that slower ball

owned by hopes tho ;) ;)

his celebrations are interesting..did that monkey slamming pitch thing again

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowled a hell of a lot of balls down the leg side and wide of the off stump, yeah he bowled 3 good balls to get the top order but as a whole his spell wasn't that good.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Harsh in my opinion - he also produced a few plays and misses, and got Clarke to produce a genuine edge that went through the vacant first slip (Dravid was at floating 2nd/3rd slip)