• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Johnson opening the bowling, remember he destroyed the Indian top order taking 4-11 in the DLC cup (?) last year.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I was also going to say before, I thought Dhoni kept quite well - better than his reputation suggested he would.

EDIT: Straight after typing this, Gilly concedes 4 bye 8-)

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tendulkar gone, India won't be able to win this IMO. Raining pretty heavy, wouldn't surprise me if they come off.

Perm

Bowled a hell of a lot of balls down the leg side and wide of the off stump, yeah he bowled 3 good balls to get the top order but as a whole his spell wasn't that good.
Like I said, his control was poor and that was one aspect of his bowling that let him down. He bowled more than three good balls, he just bowled three balls that took wickets. Also, as I mentioned earlier, he bowled with pretty good pace, which is something India are seriously lacking, so it didn't surprise me too much that his line and length went missing a bit.

pup11

International Coach
What a knock from Michael clarke today simply awesome, the kind of innings he played under pressure was true sign of his class and Pup surely does love this ground as he scored his maiden test ton in his debut innings on this very ground.
Haddin also needs to be given a lot of credit as he supported Clarke very well and Hopes also chipped in with a very good cameo.
Its good to see Johnson bowling with the new ball and he has been swinging the ball too, which is nice to see.
EDIT: RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I was also going to say before, I thought Dhoni kept quite well - better than his reputation suggested he would.

EDIT: Straight after typing this, Gilly concedes 4 bye 8-)
Dhoni's keeping had certainly improved this year. I believe he missed a stumping off Powar today. Did anyone see that ?

Perm

I've never seen anything to suggest that Dhoni isn't a competent keeper.
He used to be pretty poor when he first come onto the scene, was picked because his batting was superior to the other option (Karthik). Since then he's improved massively, but still seems to get a hard time about his wicket-keeping, which is quite harsh.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think must be the one he was refering to - in his very first over.

20.4 Powar to Haddin, no run, Loopy flighted delivery, Haddin is beaten in the flight as he gets forward and the ball misses the bat but hits the pad and runs away to the off side. Had it not made contact with the pad, it would have been an easy stumping chance. Haddin had lunged forward and was out of the crease​

Perm

Why wasn't Sourav Ganguly opening? If they insist on mucking around with the openers, then either have Gambhir at #3, or put Tendulkar down the order. Ganguly needs to open the innings, he isn't as good in other positions. Also seems like a dubious decision to send in Pathan at #3, lets hope it proves to be a good one though.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I think must be the one he was refering to - in his very first over.

20.4 Powar to Haddin, no run, Loopy flighted delivery, Haddin is beaten in the flight as he gets forward and the ball misses the bat but hits the pad and runs away to the off side. Had it not made contact with the pad, it would have been an easy stumping chance. Haddin had lunged forward and was out of the crease​
I think my wife was trying to talk to me at that point. 8-) I mean, the cricket only goes for 8 hours, is a total silence too much to ask?! ;)

Perm

How many catches did India drop? I noticed that Powar failed to hold onto a caught and bowled chance off James Hopes before he had scored a single run.