• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

pup11

International Coach
Ganguly has done his hammy (which obviously looks like the injury thats in fashion nowadays) while fielding today so that might be the reason he didn't open.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ganguly has done his hammy (which obviously looks like the injury thats in fashion nowadays) while fielding today so that might be the reason he didn't open.
Oh, that'll explain it then. How bad did it look? Might give the selectors a chance to play Robin Uthappa or Rohit Sharma, so Ganguly's injury could be a blessing in disguise for India.

The_Bunny

State Regular
How many catches did India drop? I noticed that Powar failed to hold onto a caught and bowled chance off James Hopes before he had scored a single run.
Pretty sure that was the only one:)
In other things what I have seen of Mitchell Johnston this summer has been very impressive, much more dangerous looking than I remember :)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
^^ He stayed on for about another hour, but looked proppy, before coming off. It looks more like a twinge than a serious injury. It was quite high up.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not changing mine until Buckley confirms he's NOT retiring, as I'm sure the moment I do he'll pull the pin.

Back on topic: Hope the rain clears soon, really keen to see more of Johnson bowling now. :(

Perm

^^ He stayed on for about another hour, but looked proppy, before coming off. It looks more like a twinge than a serious injury. It was quite high up.
Possibly a buttock strain? Never nice to see players injured.

Also, doesn't look very likely that play will resume any time soon. If they do get back, India will be left to chase a total in 20 overs apparantly.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Possibly a buttock strain? Never nice to see players injured.

Also, doesn't look very likely that play will resume any time soon. If they do get back, India will be left to chase a total in 20 overs apparantly.
DIRE

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
That's good then, still, I suppose you could say it cost them 37 runs.
On the other hand, India fielded better than I remember seeing them do and Yuvraj took a screamer to get Gilly that 7 times out of 10 would have been put down, so overall, I think they're fielding was a net positive.

Scaly piscine

Have to say, without wanting to start another round of T20 vs ODI debate, this innings so far has had everything that makes me think ODIs are far superior to T20 - momentum shifts, players having to adjust their plan and batting style, consolidation then acceleration.
Absolute drivel. The only entertaining parts of this innings are the ones you'd get in Twenty20 - as is typicaI of ODIs. Anyone who finds the milking rubbish in the middle overs worthwhile needs their head examining - part-time bowlers suddenly become nearly as useful as full-time bowlers, horrible.

Those things you listed happen in Twenty20 anyway (see Twenty20 World final), you just obviously don't have a clue about the format as is unfortunately so often the case of those who rate ODIs 'far superior' to Twenty20.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This ODI makes me want to never watch ODIs again, especially after watching the T20 tourney. I mean, as Scaly said before, all the good parts would be there in T20, including consolidation and changes of momentum.

If you watched the final and didn't think there were massive changes of momentum - you are crazy. And teams consolidated, adjusted their plans, and then accelerated all the time.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
SP - you can trot out your "absolute drivel blah blah blah ignorant of the formula" line as often as you like, I'm not going to stop saying my opinion. I didn't have a rant or use derogatory language towards the T20 game or people who like it, and you really just need to get over it. Not getting into this debate again - but its a damned shame you can't express yourself in a civilized manner. Grow up. If you want to continue in playing the man not the ball, you'll a) show yourself up as a fool and b) be reported to the mods.

sideshowtim

Banned
If people appreciate a slogged 30 off 10 balls more than Pup's finely crafted 130 today...Well, good for you, but I don't see where you're coming from. I don't see how todays game has put you off ODI cricket even more....I've really enjoyed it.