• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan

State Captain
Yeah, was too busy preparing myself for irfan's imminent pearls of wisdom.
Haha lol. I tend to go overboard when we win.

Tips for this week

Geelong vs Collingwood (they should thrash em - hate cashed up Pies)
Port vs Kangaroos - would be tough to contain the Cornes's/Burgoynes's and post a winning score ourselves

Josh

International Regular
One scum team out, one to go.

Tomorrow's prediction: Kangas by 14 points. Port resurgance in the last quarter will just fall short.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well, that was satisfying.

Seriously, much rather to sneak over the line like that, in a way. Even though we played bloody horrendously, I think that's really the first close game we've won all year. We were carried over the line by our midfield guns and Steve Johnson.

I've still got big question marks next to the following names: Mackie, Byrnes and Blake.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I don't think it was really "shutting up shop". I was there, and you could see when they had the football, there was actually no option to kick to; just clear space ahead. It'd be dumb football to kick out into the open space at that stage of the game, no two ways about it. Hit targets that were easy to hit.

We only chucked extra men down back after that last goal. It wasn't overly negative.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it! :@ So close and yet couldn't quite get there!

Still very proud of the guys - they put in a huge effort against a much more accomplished side, and very nearly stole it in the end. If your team doesn't win, you want them to go close enough that you can claim that it was the bloody umpires who robbed you, and that's what I'm maintaining now! :D

Thought we'd struggle when Fraser was withdrawn - as I've remarked previously here, neither Richards or Bryan are worth a pinch of **** and both were thrashed by Ottens. The sooner we find a proper ruckman to compliment Fraser the sooner we'll go somewhere. Couldn't believe how many times both Richards, and especially Bryan went to ground at a ruck contest, and the few times they did get hit-outs our guys were so surprised they completely missed them.

Really glad I decided to go along tonight - the 'G was rocking - I've been to a couple of grand-finals, but this was the biggest night I've ever seen there. I saw Bucks making a special effort to go over and shake a few hands at the end, but hopefully he'll decide to go around once more next year.

Once we get a ruckman that wouldn't make Len Thompson shake his head and once we get Judd we'll be back bigger and badder next year. My one hope for the season now is that the Roos somehow knock off those Port Adelaide pricks tomorrow. Otherwise the Cats better bloody well bury them after they took us out!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think it was really "shutting up shop". I was there, and you could see when they had the football, there was actually no option to kick to; just clear space ahead. It'd be dumb football to kick out into the open space at that stage of the game, no two ways about it. Hit targets that were easy to hit.

We only chucked extra men down back after that last goal. It wasn't overly negative.
Agreed - your guys lost their heads for a few minutes in the third quarter, but were pretty cool-headed in the last few minutes - you bastards!! ;)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah - hate to say it but that Ablett kid can play a bit. We seemed to not be able to lay a decent tackle on him.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Ablett deserves the Brownlow imo. No one (bar Judd at top fitness) breaks through tackles and through the packs like he does now. He won't win it now, too many ****s like Bartel taking votes from him. Brown or Boomer to win it.

irfan

State Captain
Well wasn't that a cracking match that the vast majority hadn't predicted.

Seriously thought the Cats would towell up the Pies given the massacre they had inflicted on us a couple of weeks prior, but gee Collingwood stuck at it and practically conjured up goals from nowhere (re: Didak, Davis). At one stage Geelong led inside 50's 26-9 and Collingwood were leading - astonishing, considering I had never considered Collingwood to be a great defensive team or that efficient going forward.

Kudos to them though, they kept at it and nearly had a chance to snatch the game.

Big wake up call to Geelong tho, look for them to smash whoever they play next week - Bomber won't be happy about today's result

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ablett deserves the Brownlow imo. No one (bar Judd at top fitness) breaks through tackles and through the packs like he does now. He won't win it now, too many ****s like Bartel taking votes from him. Brown or Boomer to win it.
Swear you've not posted anything on CW since i last looked that you didn't say on MSN. Not that it's bad stuff, just get the feeling i've read it all before.

Status
Not open for further replies.