• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan

State Captain
Bit nervous about today's game (Kangas vs Port) - not sure how we are going quell the Cornes's and Burgoynes's unless we can find a way to clone Rawlings.

Boomer needs to have a big game if we are to win, and we need to be extra efficient, ultra-discplined to make up for the overall lack of talent & skill against the Power. Jones out is massive - need to the likes of Sansbury & Lower to sneak a few goals to compensate.

Firrito to take Westhoff, Watt on Tredrea and Gibbo needs to a good job on Ebert and frustrate the hell out of him like he did to Buddy last week.

On the attacking front, really need another marking option besides Petrie & Edwards up forward (Hansen ?) as Port have too many tall defenders. Grant has to fire up front and kick a few as he's been out of touch for a while.

In a nutshell, if it's close I reckon we might be able to get over the line (big call) if Power call the shots early look for us to get rolled over very easily ( a la against Melb in 2000.)

irfan

State Captain
Yeah, Collingwood is the most underrated team in the comp...

(waits for the barrage of abuse)
We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team :cool:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tbh i think the Roos take that mantle, as iirc they were most peoples choice for the spoon, but the pies weren't to far behind them. (at Matt79)

Josh

International Regular
I tipped Port for the spoon and had the Kangas about 14th, so this prelim final is bloody weird on my part lol

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ablett deserves the Brownlow imo. No one (bar Judd at top fitness) breaks through tackles and through the packs like he does now. He won't win it now, too many ****s like Bartel taking votes from him. Brown or Boomer to win it.
Really? I'm almost 100% sure he'll win it, just ahead of Harvey.

Bartel won't poll as well as people think IMO.

Ablett
Harvey
J Brown
Kerr
Chad Cornes

That's my rough top 5 I think.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
God DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIT!

All I can say is that Geelong better bloody well win next week after they knocked us off. Rather scrap the sport than see PA win again....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Very rarely do we get two awesome prelim finals. 2004 last time I think. Should have known Port would thump the Roos.

Ah well good season for the Roos none the less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.