• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Would take him for the right price, would add some class to our midfield. Wouldn't give up a 1st or 2nd round pick though, maybe a 3rd round pick + Sansbury or Brown. How old is he, 26-27?
Same age as Pav, Fiora, etc. from that draft, I guess.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Would take him for the right price, would add some class to our midfield. Wouldn't give up a 1st or 2nd round pick though, maybe a 3rd round pick + Sansbury or Brown. How old is he, 26-27?
Same age as Pav, Fiora, etc. from that draft, I guess.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
See Footy Classified reckon Judd is only interested in Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon or Melbourne. Apparently not interested in slumming it in 20th century facilities after being at WCE, so Collingwood might be in with a good shot. Funny to see he's refusing to consider the Bulldogs because of the Akermanis-Braun thing. Serves the Doggies right for harbouring the turd... (Not that he'd be thinking about them anyway if the facilities thing is correct).

As an aside, was really impressed with Kerr and Cox tonight on FC - thought they presented themselves very well. Kerr in particular, from what you see in the papers, I thought he'd be a dumb piss-head, but he spoke very well and candidly about his problems and what's been done. Nice to see. And Cox looks like the next captain doesn't he.

pasag

RTDAS
See Footy Classified reckon Judd is only interested in Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon or Melbourne. Apparently not interested in slumming it in 20th century facilities after being at WCE, so Collingwood might be in with a good shot. Funny to see he's refusing to consider the Bulldogs because of the Akermanis-Braun thing. Serves the Doggies right for harbouring the turd... (Not that he'd be thinking about them anyway if the facilities thing is correct).

As an aside, was really impressed with Kerr and Cox tonight on FC - thought they presented themselves very well. Kerr in particular, from what you see in the papers, I thought he'd be a dumb piss-head, but he spoke very well and candidly about his problems and what's been done. Nice to see. And Cox looks like the next captain doesn't he.
Yeah was a good interview. Kerr looks like he's grown up as well.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Before the Judd announcement we were getting rid of Mitch Morton. Will be interested to see if he stays if we try for a high draft pick to claim his brother.

Also McKinley who played 1 game this year was rumoured to be wanting to go home to Vic. Been in good WAFL form showing good signs.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
a) Clash jerseys are stupid. If you are at the ground, or own a colour television, and aren't colour blind, and you can't distinguish between teams without them wearing ****house jumpers that piss on 100 years of tradition, then you need to shoot yourself in the kneecaps with a nail gun and just get over it.

b) No, noone is ever going to stand up to Collingwood while we remain the biggest, and most self-important club in the league and while we have a president and board who know it and act accordingly.

c) Looking forward to the sooking from Kangas or Port about jumper clashes/not being able to wear their SAFL jumpers at the grandfinal.
:p
You made a typo btw :cool:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
a) Clash jerseys are stupid. If you are at the ground, or own a colour television, and aren't colour blind, and you can't distinguish between teams without them wearing ****house jumpers that piss on 100 years of tradition, then you need to shoot yourself in the kneecaps with a nail gun and just get over it.

b) No, noone is ever going to stand up to Collingwood while we remain the biggest, and most important club in the league and while we have a president and board who know it and act accordingly.

c) Looking forward to the sooking from Kangas or Port about jumper clashes/not being able to wear their SAFL jumpers at the grandfinal.
:p
Wow, I didn't realise Collingwood fans actually thought they shouldn't have a clash jumper. Figured it was just an Eddie thing. FFS, every sports team in the entire world has a clash jumper except for you lot. That includes a hell of a lot more important and successful clubs than Collingwood. It's just a joke at this point.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
^^ We quite like our jumper and the majority of members would support Eddie in his stance. And I've long argued that clash jumpers in general are dumb - I don't claim to represent all Collingwood fans in that regard.

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
Johnston;s one of the over-rated players... actually is he even rated ?.. not to mention soft.
I wouldn't want him anywhere near the kangroos team :p

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Damn... while on one hand I wish the Geelong-Collingwood game was on Sunday evening to give the boys a chance to get in a bit more recovery time after the semi, I also wish it was on this arvo or tonight - I think I'm going to go nuts before bounce-time on Friday in anticipation.

I can't remember being so keen for a match to get started - maybe 2002 and 2003 GFs.

The only other time I can remember being so psyched by a sporting event was in the lead up to the Gabba test at the Ashes - I was literally counting off the days and clearing my diary for that.

Everyone is favouring Geelong, which has been discussed at length and I agree that its fair enough, but I just reckon this Pies team fears nothing and has huge self-belief. Its a bit Geelong is like Muhammad Ali sitting in a pub next to some little wiry bloke. What people aren't getting is that the little wiry bloke is actually an SAS trooper who is as hard as nails, doesn't have an gram of fat on him, and is ready to rock and roll - what's more you're going to have to kill the sod to get him to quit once the fight starts. Malthouse and the guys this year also remind me of Charles Bronson out of some spaghetti western - they aren't saying that much, but they aren't blinking or going to flinch either...

Come on Pies - Game On Already!! :punk:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahahaha wtf, just heard that Richo won the Tigers B&F this season. How the **** did Nathan Foley not win?

(actually, can anyone, confirm/deny this?)

Status
Not open for further replies.