• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
i was wondering the same thing about taylor. also was quite interested to hear michael holding saying the west indies camp aren't entirely convinced about fidel edwards fitness during a discussion about him playing to add some real pace.

anything interesting on what's happened to jermaine lawson? his action? his future prospects etc.
Bowled well during the last WI season. One of the best bowlers in fact. Selectors seem convinced he'll get called again in Test cricket when placed under pressure. Lots of people think he should be at least in the squad though and for the WC as well, should have been there. Must be lack of faith for Rampaul to get selected over him, who despite bowling well only came back from a long layoff. You'd think they'd at least let him play another season before chucking him straight back into international cricket.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
So, 44 runs and 3 wickets? Enough Pollock for you? :whistling
8-) :) I'm really excited about Plunkett, his innings was marvellous some might say faultless (:happy: ) but lets hope its not another false dawn PY. Remember your excitement over Bobby Zamora?

But as it stands England currently have a number eight who will average over 30 with the bat, under 24 with the ball and will score runs in all conditions against the likes of Wasim, Waqar, Walsh, Warne, McGrath, Akhtar, Ambrose, Vaas, MacGill, Kumble, Mushtaq, Harbhajan, Murali...

Last edited:

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
8-) :) I'm really excited about Plunkett, his innings was marvellous some might say faultless (:happy: ) but lets hope its not another false dawn PY. Remember your excitement over Bobby Zamora?
Oh common , I could have got runs against that hapless attack.They bowled one good ball in the entire day. And OK it did get Prior. But its a poor atack. Plunkett has been found out in the past by better bowlers.

PY

International Coach

But as it stands England currently have a number eight who will average over 30 with the bat, under 24 with the ball and will score runs in all conditions against the likes of Wasim, Waqar, Walsh, Warne, McGrath, Akhtar, Ambrose, Vaas, MacGill, Kumble, Mushtaq, Harbhajan, Murali...
:laugh:

OK, you win this round.

James

Cricket Web Owner
So, with Sidebottom's performance, does this mean the end of Harmison, at least for a while if Hoggard returns for the next test? A bowling attack of Sidebottom, Hoggard, Punklett, Panesar?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like the game won't start on time. Sky just showed a picture of the ground and the covers are fully on with rain apparent. It’s extremely dark as well so the light could be a real problem throughout.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So, with Sidebottom's performance, does this mean the end of Harmison, at least for a while if Hoggard returns for the next test? A bowling attack of Sidebottom, Hoggard, Punklett, Panesar?
Nah, I don't think England would pick both Sidebottom and Hoggard - at least while playing somewhere other than Leeds. Sidebottom is just an accurate swing bowler - horses for courses really, especially given that Hoggard (England's genuine bowler) was out already. I don't see them picking him elsewhere with Hoggard out.

cover drive man

International Captain
I dont really rate plunket to be honest (I havnt really watched him play) But they could drop Plunkett for Harmison.

PY

International Coach
Well I'm in Sheffield about 40 mins from Leeds by car and it's absolutely pelting it down. I'd rate it about a 5% chance of clearing up enough for a cleanup and play.

Stupid weather.

EDIT: Didn't see TT's post, it's sounds similar in Leeds to how it is here.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gah, the one night I get to watch the cricket and need to stay up all night and it's going to be bloody raining? Just my ****ing luck.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
With all the top & middle order making runs & one day Trescothick likely to return its going to be interesting to see what the selectors do between the rest of the summer to the winter tour to Sri Lanka.
This fascination with the team of 05 really does have to stop.

1. I can't see where Tresco will fit in - no point in batting him lower than 3
2. Why do you want him in the team? Cook, Vaughan and Strauss*

* Things change

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nasser Hussain is really growing on me as a commentator. Has some excellent thoughts.