• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

simmy

International Regular
So what is your team for the next game then? I say Flintoff in for Plunkett, with Fred at 8!

Bell and Colly both deserve to stay. Alternatively Strauss should go and Hoggard can come in for Plunkett.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what is your team for the next game then? I say Flintoff in for Plunkett, with Fred at 8!

Bell and Colly both deserve to stay. Alternatively Strauss should go and Hoggard can come in for Plunkett.
Dunno, I'm getting increasingly depressed over Flintoff's injury. I certainly fear that we'll never see him and Jones bowling full pelt, ever again :(

Ryan picks up the last, I thought it bounced.

cover drive man

International Captain
My team for the next test.

A.Strauss
A.Cook
M.Vaughn
P.Colingwood
K.Pieterson
A.Flintoff
I.Bell
N.Prior
R.Sidebottom
M.Panesar
M.Hoggard.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
WI have basically just attacked way too much, they should have just been defending while it's moving all over the place like this - instead they've been trying to go after the ball.
West Indies have just basically forgotten where their off stump is located. None of the slip catching practice wickets were particularly good deliveries (all wide enough to leave) and any batsman worth his salt would have just let it go ala Vaughan yesterday. But the West Indies suck so what do you expect?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
West Indies have just basically forgotten where their off stump is located. None of the slip catching practice wickets were particularly good deliveries (all wide enough to leave) and any batsman worth his salt would have just let it go ala Vaughan yesterday. But the West Indies suck so what do you expect?
Well the ball is moving all over the place so it's harder to leave, but obviously something is going wrong when you get bowled out in 37 overs.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well the ball is moving all over the place so it's harder to leave, but obviously something is going wrong when you get bowled out in 37 overs.
It is when it is pitched well outside off stump, fair play to the bowler if is bringing it back miles but Plunkett 99% of the time was swinging it away from the right handers. When Liam did try to bring it back it was a simple single for the batsman.