• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bring back Praveen Kumar, might just be better than Irfan with the bat as well.
I've been impressed with what I've seen of Praveen Kumar.

Pleased with NZ's performance overall. Oram's catch was awesome, not quite as good as the Voges one but still great.

And I have to stand corrected about Butler. When he first played for us I thought he was nowhere near good enough (I stand by that), and I thought he never would be. I was wrong about that. His injuries have allowed him to find a radar, and he's a very useful pace bowler now.

pup11

International Coach
Good win for the BC, sets up the rest of the tour very nicely, can see this tour being very competitive, as their doesn't seem to much to choose between these two sides, I think it would probably come down to how both the respective captains lead their sides and today Vettori did a better job, and his team also backed him very well.

masterblaster

International Captain
Good win by New Zealand, they thoroughly deserved it. As has been said, we looked a bit out of sorts and most of the players looked a bit out of shape as well. We were definitely 20 runs short in the end.

I'm hoping we show steady improvement as the games go on. Zaheer once again was the star for us and he's probably one of the best left arm fast bowlers going around today. The growth and maturity he's had as a cricketer over the last few years has been fantastic to watch. Suresh Raina's early good form is a promising sign as well. Rohit Sharma and Irfan Pathan continue to be useless though which is a concern.

Vettori, McCullum and Guptill were all awesome and it was great to see the big man, Jacob Oram back into the New Zealand side. It's been a great start to the series, really looking forward to the rest of the games.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good win by New Zealand, they thoroughly deserved it. As has been said, we looked a bit out of sorts and most of the players looked a bit out of shape as well. We were definitely 20 runs short in the end.

I'm hoping we show steady improvement as the games go on. Zaheer once again was the star for us and he's probably one of the best left arm fast bowlers going around today. The growth and maturity he's had as a cricketer over the last few years has been fantastic to watch. Suresh Raina's early good form is a promising sign as well. Rohit Sharma and Irfan Pathan continue to be useless though which is a concern.

Vettori, McCullum and Guptill were all awesome and it was great to see the big man, Jacob Oram back into the New Zealand side. It's been a great start to the series, really looking forward to the rest of the games.
AWTA.

I am especially concerned about Rohit at the moment. They can give some other batter a go as of now. I would like to see us go in with 5 bowlers as well... Not counting Yousuf as a bowler in that. Maybe drop Rohit for Praveen? Balance may take a hit but we can take the punt if it will mean early wickets..

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Nice to see posts like this scattered amongst all this other stuff. It'll keep me coming back to this thread.

adharcric

International Coach
AWTA.

I am especially concerned about Rohit at the moment. They can give some other batter a go as of now. I would like to see us go in with 5 bowlers as well... Not counting Yousuf as a bowler in that. Maybe drop Rohit for Praveen? Balance may take a hit but we can take the punt if it will mean early wickets..
I'd rather drop both Rohit and Irfan for Jadeja (a very clever limited-overs spinner) and Praveen.

Gambhir, Sehwag, Raina, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Yusuf, Jadeja, Harbhajan, Praveen, Zaheer, Ishant

Looks good to me.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Geez, get some perspective, you angry little boy and stop going into bat for Patrick every time he gets into an argument. You're like Virgil to his Ted Dibiase.
Haha, perspective, right. This has nothing to do with Patrick, and everything to do with you. Anytime anybody says something that could be construed as critical towards New Zealand you're on it like a hawk with some form of insult. Your first comment wasn't, like you pointed out, but Nath didn't even directly respond to you and you pulled out the old Australians hate New Zealand crap and it was off and running. You always do it. It's mystifying in it's regularity.

And in response to the Patrick ****, I give him more **** than anyone. He had me blocked on MSN the other day, for example.

adharcric

International Coach
masterblaster said:
Zaheer once again was the star for us and he's probably one of the best left arm fast bowlers going around today.
Underrating him a bit IMO, he's currently one of the best fast bowlers period and the best left-arm quick around (Bracken's great in ODIs, Johnson's had his moments lately but I'd say Zaheer offers the best overall package at this point in time).

Polo23

International Debutant
:laugh: @ the guy who said the NZ commentators were worse than the Ch9 team. Classic.

T20 isn't cricket.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Bloody hell, I come on here following the game hoping to contribute to some great discussion like the Aussie v NZ thread, and all I find is absolute rubbish, in-fighting and a flood of reported posts.

Can we all just calm down and move back to the cricket please.