• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Amazing game from NZL, were dominant the whole way through bar some rubbish from South33. Enjoy watching the Kiwi's go around in the shortest form, best unit going around. Their batting lineup is so damaging and any bowling unit with Mills and Vettori is in with a shout. If they can keep it together and free of injury, I might have a sneaky 10 or 20 on them for the T20 WC.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is going well.....

Good win the Kiwis - top stuff. I really do think they're a limited overs side of some substance. this should be a good series.

Burgey

Underrating him a bit IMO, he's currently one of the best fast bowlers period and the best left-arm quick around (Bracken's great in ODIs, Johnson's had his moments lately but I'd say Zaheer offers the best overall package at this point in time).
Shame he's a knob. Got a touch of Lee extravagance about him when he gets a wicket, only worse coz he seems to accompany every wicket with a ridiculous send off.

When he does it, I just remember the 2003 WC final when he had a bit to say. And then have a bit of a smile.

Good bowler - yep.

Toss pot - yep.

_Ed_

Shame he's a knob. Got a touch of Lee extravagance about him when he gets a wicket, only worse coz he seems to accompany every wicket with a ridiculous send off.

When he does it, I just remember the 2003 WC final when he had a bit to say.

Good bowler - yep.

Toss pot - yep.
Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I thought the match was played in really good spirit overall, saw a few very friendly-looking chats between players on opposing sides. But I thought Zaheer's send off was a bit over the top.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worst ever article on cricket on One News just now.

Not content with confusing Gautam Gambhir with Virinder Sehwag (how do you do that, exactly) he then confused the two Pathans before completing a clean sweep by telling the viewers that Vettori trapped Harbhajan Singh Lbw.

And we think some people on here have problems??

Precambrian

Banned
Bloody hell, I come on here following the game hoping to contribute to some great discussion like the Aussie v NZ thread, and all I find is absolute rubbish, in-fighting and a flood of reported posts.

Can we all just calm down and move back to the cricket please.
:laugh: Story of the poor bloke ever since he started CW?

adharcric

International Coach

When he does it, I just remember the 2003 WC final when he had a bit to say. And then have a bit of a smile.

Good bowler - yep.

Toss pot - yep.
Definitely, but unlike in the past (and in recent times, Sreesanth), he walks the walk as well. He's not really a **** of the Harbhajan class, just shows a lot of passion and sometimes anger on the field. I'll take that any day - perhaps because I play that way myself - if he can back it up with the ball and make sure he doesn't cross the line (today's send-off didn't do that IMO).

Precambrian

Banned

Good bowler - yep.

Toss pot - yep.
He's no McGrath still. Or Brad Hogg in that aspect.

Burgey

He's no McGrath still. Or Brad Hogg in that aspect.
You think McGrath used to give more send offs than Zaheer does? Not so sure about that, but we tend not to notice so much when it's one of our own, so maybe I missed a lot of Pidgeon's :).

thierry henry

International Coach
Anyone else think Yusuf Pathan is impossibly dire as a bowler?

Despite the approximation of a spinner's action he basically bowls inaccurate medium-slow off a 2 pace run-up.

biased indian

International Coach
You think McGrath used to give more send offs than Zaheer does? Not so sure about that, but we tend not to notice so much when it's one of our own, so maybe I missed a lot of Pidgeon's :).
surely he would have given more than zaheer ...simply because he has more wickets and on avg still pidge should be ahead.... hogg i don't know when and where he gave that many ??

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: Brad Hogg? Don't remember him ever giving a send off. Zaheer gave a totally unneccesary one tonight to Ross Taylor.
Yeah, more Precam oddness. I remember Hogg doing the double fist-pump occasionally, but that was a celebration and most certainly not a send-off. Just making stuff up as he keeps posting, is my guess.

adharcric

International Coach
Anyone else think Yusuf Pathan is impossibly dire as a bowler?

Despite the approximation of a spinner's action he basically bowls inaccurate medium-slow off a 2 pace run-up.
He bowled a superb spell in India's previous T20, just had an off game today. The mediocre target and small ground doesn't help either, even though Vettori and Bhajji fared quite well in spite of that. He's certainly not a genuine wicket-taking option but he can bowl tight spells like Gayle.