• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

thierry henry

International Coach
He bowled a superb spell in India's previous T20, just had an off game today. The mediocre target and small ground doesn't help either, even though Vettori and Bhajji fared quite well in spite of that. He's certainly not a genuine wicket-taking option but he can bowl tight spells like Gayle.
What does he bowl though? I just don't see how he's a bowler at all.

Then again I guess guys like Gayle get away with it as well....at least I know Gayle sort of floats it up a bit in tests etc and sort of bowls like a proper spinner

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What does he bowl though? I just don't see how he's a bowler at all.
:laugh:

Very harsh but I see your point.

His domestic record is actually pretty good so I've been forcing myself to reserve judgement on his bowling but despite occasionally doing a decent job, he really looks like a shocking bowler.

thierry henry

International Coach
:laugh:

Very harsh but I see your point.

His domestic record is actually pretty good so I've been forcing myself to reserve judgement on his bowling but despite occasionally doing a decent job, he really looks like a shocking bowler.
I have no idea how he is as a spinner in real cricket, but I fail to see his role in T20 when he bowls EVERY BALL between 105-110kph.

I can bowl that (pretty sure, anyway)....so can most club and even backyard medium-pacers.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Really good to see NZ pull off the chase in such control today. I would love them to have some good results this series. It's so good at the moment with so many teams capable of performing well against each other.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have no idea how he is as a spinner in real cricket, but I fail to see his role in T20 when he bowls EVERY BALL between 105-110kph.

I can bowl that (pretty sure, anyway)....so can most club and even backyard medium-pacers.
Interesting comments from a Roneel Hira fan. :ph34r:

thierry henry

International Coach
Interesting comments from a Roneel Hira fan. :ph34r:
First

When have you ever seen Roneel bowl?????

Second- I was actually using Roneel as a guide when making the statement that I'm sure even I can bowl 105+kph....cos I know that my "pace" is surely quicker than Roneel's quicker ball (having played with and against him a bit), and I assume like most spinners when he jams it in it's over 100kph

pup11

International Coach
:laugh: Brad Hogg? Don't remember him ever giving a send off. Zaheer gave a totally unneccesary one tonight to Ross Taylor.
Haha. yeah, that indeed was an odd name to bring out, never really seen Hoggy giving anyone a send-off, was one of the nicest blokes in the Australian team, and always played with a smile on his face, i guess Precam, has mistaken his habit of hanging his tongue out as some sort of a send-off.

Flem274*

123/5
Didn't catch the game but good to see a win for us. Disappointed at some of the posting in this thread, can't we all just calm down?

Anyways, anyone know the frequency for RadioSport in Palmy?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Saw the match with a bunch of work mates this evening. Was great stuff. Really starting to take a shine to Guptill. Sure he was a bit lucky, but he picked a great time to be plum lb (the ball after the umpire had given a 50/50 decision against the batsman), and he rebounded from a slow start to really take the Indian bowlers apart.

McCullum continued to look shockingly ordinary at the top of the order, yet just like at Sydney he gradually gained momentum. If he can bat like that in an ODI or a test match, I'd be very happy.

Great to see big Jake back. I reckon his catch was even better than Voges because a) Oram had to do his while he was running around the boundary, while Voges was standing still when he threw the ball in the air; and b) Voges' catch was made to look harder than it was by the fact that he almost stuffed up and tripped over the boundary rope. No such clumsiness from Oram.

Bit disappointed with timmy, but pleased with Butler and really surprised about how spritely he is. If Southee doesn't get a leg on, he might have some competition for his ODI place.