• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Dont know whether he hit it but that wasnt a no-ball. Bowden just wanting to be part of the action.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
Definitely carried for mine, however the third umpire can't give that cleanly due to the doubt instilled by that replay series & the foreshortening effect.

A completely different situation to de Villiers earlier, before anyone says so.

Non-stop here...
I dont think so-it definitely didnt carry.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
That absolutely stank. I don't reckon it was a clean catch, but Amla walked. He gave himself up, therefore he was out. Since when has it been up to the coach and captain whether the batsman walks or not? He shouldn't have been allowed to have been sent back. You can't walk and then decide "hang on. Someone else doesn't think I was out. I might stick around."

Dissector

International Debutant
Catch looked not out to me. At the least you had to give the benefit of the doubt. Real drama here; Flintoff can really bring a game alive.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sorry, but there is absolutely no evidence to be definitive in the negative.

And it helps if you appeal for LBW, England...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That absolutely stank. I reckon it wasn't a clean catch, but Amla walked. He gave himself up, therefore he is out. Since when has it been up to the coach and captain whether the batsman walks or not? He shouldn't have been allowed to have been sent back.
Whether it's wrong or right it's not like that's never happened before. Pietersen against India at Trent Bridge last year, f'rinstance.

In other news - appealing for out lbws is a good idea.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
That absolutely stank. I reckon it wasn't a clean catch, but Amla walked. He gave himself up, therefore he is out. Since when has it been up to the coach and captain whether the batsman walks or not? He shouldn't have been allowed to have been sent back.
Im increasingly convinced it carried. Slo-mo changes things and it looked good to start with, it still looks good and Amla saw it and walked.

However, completely agree Re: batsman and coach. Someone needs to get fined or banned.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm honestly amazed anyone thinks they can know either way. There is not a chance anyone who was not standing right by Michael Vaughan could have seen whether it carried or not.

Bloody hell, can you pull out any later than that? Thought he was giving himself room to smash it through the off. FFS people have moved around behind the bowler's arm far too much today. And when it comes to sightscreens that have not been programmed properly... 8-)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm honestly amazed anyone thinks they can know either way. There is not a chance anyone who was not standing right by Michael Vaughan could have seen whether it carried or not.

Bloody hell, can you pull out any later than that? Thought he was giving himself room to smash it through the off. FFS people have moved around behind the bowler's arm far too much today. And when it comes to sightscreens that have not been programmed properly... 8-)
This is one of those really really rare occasions when Richard makes perfect sense.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
At what point can we say the lack of overs for Pattinson shows that Vaughan didnt really want him and doesnt trust him?