• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Trying to check county scores on cricinfo's mobile site and having to find your way through "domestic scores" but IPL scores are there on the front page under "international".

gagf

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The latest update to the app (couple of months back) removed so many problems. Love it now.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Trying to check county scores on cricinfo's mobile site and having to find your way through "domestic scores" but IPL scores are there on the front page under "international".

gagf
Whilst World Cricket League matches between national teams, granted its associates but still, are buried in 'others.'

Burgey

AB de Villiers topping the test batting rankings. Spare me. Greatest downhill skier since La Bomba Tomba.

OverratedSanity

Everything shastri says but especially "Paaaaarrrrrfully struck". Makes me want to get an ear enema.

Losing captains saying they were 15-20 runs short

Rohit Sharma saying the ball wasn't coming on to the bat

Bhogle being acclaimed by my friends as a great commentator

Every fifty/hundred scored by a captain being called a "captain's innings". Well technically it is, but you know what I mean.

Spinners in ODI cricket

Reaction shot of random Indian girl stunned at an Indian wicket falling

Blokes who try to be hip by saying Gavaskar or Dravid are better than Tendulkar

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reaction shot of random Indian girl stunned at an Indian wicket falling
:laugh:! Yes. So brutal.

The other look is when the opposition need like 50 off 12 balls and hit a six, and every random Indian girl has the look like their mum just died, such is their concern about losing the match.

Having said that, having Ishant Sharma in your team will do that to you I guess.

salman85

International Debutant
Gambhir being all macho.

You're 2 feet tall you useless pile of ****.Go see a psychiatrist for your Napoleon complex.

Last edited:

wiff

First Class Debutant
Cricket matches: quantity does not always equal quality.
Look, I haven't read through all the 100+ pages of this thread, but somebody may of already posted this gem.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Wicket Keepers who are good batsman being classed as all rounders

Being a good batsman is a prerequisite of being a wicket keeper these days.. I've no idea why being able to bat turns a keeper into an all-rounder..

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jim Maxwell.

I was reminded of how much when I stumbled over him commentating for the golf on the radio this afternoon...bloke ****s me to tears. Paved the way for a legion of other blokes with 2/100ths of a clue and an endless list of funky terminology they made up on the spot to become sports reporters/commentators. Find basically anyone who has ever played the game and commentates to be far less painful than Jimbo.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
facing really really bad bowling - you feel like you should be putting everything away, but it's really unpredictable and you start getting tired and losing concentration and your shots become lazy so you miss out, which gets you frustrated and you start trying to hit every single ball, even the odd decent one. Not only this, but it begins to feel like batting is too easy, so you let up and miss out on what should have been a huge score. I hate that ****

Langeveldt

Soutie
People who are completely baffled by cricket

I can understand how people don't get the nuances of cricket if they are not accustomed to the game, perhaps why it lasts for 5 days and things like the LBW law.. Perhaps I'm looking at it from the wrong viewpoint but I can never understand people who just don't understand it at all.. I mean you never hear the same thing said about Baseball, which for all intents and purposes is just cricket with a different set of rules and scoring system.. Or rugby, a sport that is won or lost often based on who fouls the least, and often nobody has a clue as to why a referee has made the call, not least all my rugby playing friends, or the commentators, nobody has a clue.. Why is hitting a thrown ball and people trying to cut said ball off so difficult that most people literally switch off whenever the sport is mentioned?

I've been teaching my girlfriend the game.. She is from Holland and had never heard of it before she met me.. After a short bit of explaining and a few youtube clips she saying stuff like "Pakistan probably won't chase that with their batting lineup".. It's not that difficult is it? Americans?

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I long gave up trying to explain it, or try to tell people why it is good, you get it or you don't. No problem with people who don't, their lives are just a little bit worse because of it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I find cricket is something that is very hard to explain without having some visual aid. I can understand someone not understanding anything about it if they'd never so much as seen it.

It's one of those sports that's definitely more of a "learning by doing" thing. Or "watching", in this case.