• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Eleven for ICC Super series V Australia

Eclipse

International Debutant
rajat said:
I think Ganguly should be made the ODI Captain. He is also a good batsman
That is a REALLY stupid idea in my mind.

Put it this way the reason Ganguly is a good captain for India has nothing to do with his on feild tactical nouse or his ability to lead by example in the feild does it ? Infact in both those area's he is very poor.

A rest of the world XI does not need the type of captain Ganguly would offer they are only going to be together for a short period of time and the best captain would most likley be somone who is tacticaly very sound and also well liked by all his peers. I know Ganguly is not exactly the most popular player in the world and tacticaly there are alot of guys that are much better than him.

Deja moo

International Captain
Eclipse said:

Put it this way the reason Ganguly is a good captain for India has nothing to do with his on feild tactical nouse or his ability to lead by example in the feild does it ? Infact in both those area's he is very poor.

A rest of the world XI does not need the type of captain Ganguly would offer they are only going to be together for a short period of time and the best captain would most likley be somone who is tacticaly very sound and also well liked by all his peers. I know Ganguly is not exactly the most popular player in the world and tacticaly there are alot of guys that are much better than him.

Today is Ganguly's birthday.

Happy Birthday ! :rockon: :holiday: :happybday

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
so whom do u recommend as a captain i dont find anyone more competent than him in anyone's world 11.

he is also better than anyone else as a batsman when he is in good form.

Eclipse said:

Swervy

International Captain
rajat said:
so whom do u recommend as a captain i dont find anyone more competent than him in anyone's world 11.

but a lot of the time i feel he looks awful as a batsman...and I dont think he is a good captain either

Swervy

International Captain
rajat said:

can you imagine Flintoff playing under ganguly :D

Eclipse

International Debutant
rajat said:

If you look at this from an unbiased point of view it's quite easy to pick somone.

And this team is playing against Australia a team that Ganguly has a poor record against.

tooextracool

International Coach
Tim said:
Richardson wasn't totally part of that "leave McGrath" strategy. He had a relatively poor tour of Australia.

It was Fleming, Astle, Parore, Cairns etc who performed the strategy to near perfection at times.
while mark richardson didnt have a great tour of australia by his standards, one must remember that he did get a start in almost every innings.....he was the one who played mcgrath in the beginning of every innings and he was the one who made mcgrath change his line and length early on.
cairns most definetly did not perform that strategy to near perfection though..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
rajat said:
The f...ing flintoff should not be in the team in any case.
Common now. just because you like Ganguly you dont have to call names. Flintoff is one of the top allrounders today and should definately be there in the world XI. And no Ganguly should not be the captain.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
biased indian said:
ODI team

Gayle
Shewag
Jayasuriya
Kallis
Styris
Flintoff
Razzaq
G.Jones
Pollock
Cairns
Kumble

all except kumble will Bat well i needed a spinner and he was ecnomical
Geraint Jones?? Don't get carried away now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
rajat said:
The f...ing flintoff should not be in the team in any case.
I agree, I mean he's only ranked at number 7 with the bat and 9 with the ball in ODI's at the moment - he really is terrible.

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:
I agree, I mean he's only ranked at number 7 with the bat and 9 with the ball in ODI's at the moment - he really is terrible.
u can have 6 batsmen better tha him one WC and 4 bowlers better than him
:cool: :cool: :cool: