• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Eleven for ICC Super series V Australia

biased indian

International Coach
JASON said:
Why should Taufel be excluded, because he is an Aussie? Then We will have to get Neutral Umpires from another planet or Universe. :p
we can have umpires from Bangladesh,Zimbabwe :D :D
or
NZ or SL if no one is selected from those team :p :p

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Liam, how can you confidently say Bucknor over Bowden when Bucknor has been just as bad!?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Since Pitches and pitch preparation has been a contentious issue in several recent Test matches, I personally think if this game is to be played as a seriously competitive encounter, then the pitch should be prepared by a neutral curator.

How about the curator from Newlands (which IMO is a pitch very identical to the SCG) to prepare the pitch (for the Test) (All the more relevant since you would ideally prefer a pitch that lasts the distance, and this match is scheduled to be a 6 day Test) ? Any suggestions. ( I don't think the pitch matters too much for the ODI's at the Telstra Dome.)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
Liam, how can you confidently say Bucknor over Bowden when Bucknor has been just as bad!?
Common sense dictates that Bucknor gets the nod because he's more recognized and capped. For an event like this, they're likely to go for the two most recognized umpires in the world - Shep and Bucknor.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I am very certain that it will be Bucknor and Shepherd, but I think Taufel definitely deserves to be there. Bowden was not very impressive in recent times that I've seen him and the last few times I've seen Venkat, he's made some shockers.
Taufel and Jeremy Lloyds are the best I've seen recently. Aleem Dar started well, but has made a few howlers since.

That said, I agree that they'll go for more experienced campaigners.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Following is the PWC World Eleven (based on current ratings):

Gibbs

Sehwag

Lara

Dravid

Kallis

Inzamam

Sangakkara

Pollock

Akhtar

Harmison

Muralitharan

Notable omission - Tendulkar - They justify it by suggesting that Inzy pips Sachin by a point in their current rankings!!

Last edited:

delkap

State Vice-Captain
biased indian said:
we can have umpires from Bangladesh,Zimbabwe :D :D
or
NZ or SL if no one is selected from those team :p :p
Murali is bound to picked from SL

But would be very interesting to have Asoka de Silva officiating...

Loudest appeal wins ;) :D:D:D

delkap

State Vice-Captain
JASON said:
Following is the PWC World Eleven (based on current ratings):

Gibbs

Sehwag

Lara

Dravid

Kallis

Inzamam

Sangakkara

Pollock

Akhtar

Harmison

Muralitharan

Notable omission - Tendulkar - They justify it by suggesting that Inzy pips Sachin by a point in their current rankings!!
So much for Ratings.. As has been said countless times:
"Form is temporary, Class is permanent"
And Tendulkar outclasses every batsman in that team (maybe closer to Lara and Dravid)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
From what I have seen, the following are virtual certainties appearing in every one's Team with unfailing regularity . (They should almost certainly keep their travel plans free for the planned dates of the Test Match- Bar injury or unavailability).

Lara, Dravid, Tendulkar, Kallis, Muralitharan.

The next lot, who are nearly there in most Teams seem to be-

Harmison, Pollock , Akhtar .

Most Contention is Regarding openers/combination - any two of these -
Vaughan, Sehwag, Smith, Gibbs, Fleming (a late comer to this spot)

and Regarding Keeper - Sangakkara or Boucher (no one else in contention for this seriously)

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
This is my XI:
V.Sehwag
M.Vaughn
S.Tendulkar
J.Kallis
B.Lara
WS.Laxman
K.Sangakarra
S.Pollock
C.Vass
M.Muralitharan
S.Harmison

I chose Sangakarra as keeper because he is the only keeper who can confidently keep to Murali.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
But would he go to Australia? ;)
You just hv a habit of saying something without reading the whole post or getting the context... :p

I was merely looking at the humour in Asoka de Silva umpiring... now what does that hv to do with whether Murali tours or not ? Asoka will be entertainng/frustatiing nevertheless :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I was referring to Murali pulling out of the recently finished tour - what's going to change to make him go next year?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
delkap said:
So much for Ratings.. As has been said countless times:
"Form is temporary, Class is permanent"
And Tendulkar outclasses every batsman in that team (maybe closer to Lara and Dravid)
But a world XI is picked on form. An all-time XI you would have an argument for.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
By the time the Team is picked in April next year, if Stephen Fleming continues in his current purple batting patch, he would be automatic choice as Captain and opener.