• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why do Australians get special treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Swervy said:
I am basing this assumption on the fact that I cant remeber one single post you have made on this forum which has a single positive slant on anything to do with Australia...infact look at your name 'aussie beater'...so fogive me if I have misjudged you in anyway, but you do seem to take an anti-Australian stance on pretty much everything
Well show me a post where I was wrongly biased and I will correct myself in this forum right now. And I can have any name.... "kick-Aussie-butt" if I want to, but that is just reflective of normal sporting rivalry and there is no reason for it to be construed any other way I believe, unless you can point me to something specific.

Last edited:

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:
How do you know that the Acb didnt talk the SL board, you didnt even know there was an investigation and now you know what they did and didnt do.

Try using google.
I knew there was a "so-called" investigation. But why don't you show me the report where the Aussie board said it talked to the SL board. From all I can see by "Google searches" and mind you, I was very much alive when all this happened in 1995, is that the ACB informed the ICC about it after doing an "internal" investigation. Nowhere did I see that the SL board was involved. So why don't you get your pals in ACB to point me to the right place where all my suspicions can be placated.

Scallywag

Banned
aussie_beater said:
It was all on tape. The match referee saw the tapes and made a decision about the punishment based on his assessment of the guilt, but the charge was "tampering with the ball" wasn't it ? But in the case of Warne and Waugh,

did the Aussie board invesitgate the matter to find out before charging the players ? No they did not.

And the Aussie board got away with it and the two players escaped an investigation

into the matter which could very well have ended their career. That's the difference.
Then you say "I knew there was a "so-called" investigation." did or didnt you know there was an investigation because first you said there wasnt and now you say you knew there was. aussie basher would be more appropiate.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
How do you know that the Acb didnt talk the SL board, you didnt even know there was an investigation and now you know what they did and didnt do.

Try using google.
You are still on about it ?? Here you go :-

"The Australian Cricket Board confirmed on Tuesday night that it had fined Waugh and Warne for providing information to an Indian bookmaker during Australia's tour of Sri Lanka in 1994, ....Cricket officials had covered up the scandal ever since the players were fined in early 1995...... .......
The revelations come as a severe embarrassment to Australian cricket officials, who supported claims by Warne, Waugh and spin bowler Tim May in 1995 that Pakistan captain Salim Malik offered them bribes to throw matches during their tour of that country in 1994......."

http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/1998/DEC/AUS_SCANDAL_08DEC1998.html

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:
Then you say "I knew there was a "so-called" investigation." did or didnt you know there was an investigation because first you said there wasnt and now you say you knew there was. aussie basher would be more appropiate.
That's why I am saying it was "so-called" investigation. I don't consider it to be an investigation and IMO it was a cover up. So show me where is the contradiction ? As for aussie-basher.... I think that is too juvenile for me :p :p

Scallywag

Banned
aussie_beater said:
That's why I am saying it was "so-called" investigation. I don't consider it to be an investigation and IMO it was a cover up. So show me where is the contradiction :p :p
OK its a cover up and the ACB themselves are the bookies.
How did you uncover our coverup, anyway got to pack we (ACB) are moving to Spain to escape the uncovering of the coverup, seeya sucka.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:
How did you uncover our coverup, anyway got to pack we (ACB) are moving to Spain to escape the uncovering of the coverup, seeya sucka.
Give me something specific or else stop the rant, you dimwit :wacko:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
You lost the argument, now accept it instead of acting like a sore loser. 8-)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dasa said:
I wouldn't say no equality, however, when I first heard of the whole Mike Denness affair, my first thought was racism. That's probably the one major thing that seemed to me to be quite unfair.
I suppose the whole Murali debate doesn't help things either. Perhaps it's just coincidental that a major issue was made out of his action in Australia (I'm sure others had murmurs about his action before, and I'm sure he was looked at closely in other countries), but Murali did become a major controversy on his first tour of Australia - blame the jingoistic Aussie media for that if you will, but it certainly hasn't helped the perception that there is racism.

An addendum - how refreshing to have a civil discussion on matters such as this. Too often emotive responses degenerate into crap.
I'm sure there were some people who didn't like Murali purely cause he was from S.L (or indeed the subcontinent) Dasa. Unfortunately there's idiots everywhere though, I personally was horrified by Murali's action when I first saw it and couldn't believe he was allowed to bowl! haha (my stance has softened somewhat since then though). By the fuss over Murali's action being made purely into a race issue, some people are kind of throwing the baby out with the bathwater though (always wanted to use that in a sentence!), it kind of denies people who were genuinely concerned about his action (rightly or wrongly) the right to voice a valid opinion without being lumped with a racist tag - obviously this swings boths ways though regarding people's right to voice opinions in favour of Murali.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie_beater said:
That's why I am saying it was "so-called" investigation. I don't consider it to be an investigation and IMO it was a cover up. So show me where is the contradiction ? As for aussie-basher.... I think that is too juvenile for me :p :p
Is that the same as the "so-called" investigation into the ball tamperers? Did I just say that!? :huh:

Scallywag

Banned
Sanz said:
You lost the argument, now accept it instead of acting like a sore loser. 8-)
I agree Sanz, without doubt aussie_beater had no idea there was an investigation into Warne and Waugh but within 5 minutes of me telling him about it he launched his own complete investigation and decided that the ACB had covered things up. His evidence is more compelling than the ACB's.
But I think he along with Marc2117 suffers from little penis syndrome.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Scallywag said:
Yeah, yeah, very good.

Nearly had a worthwhile post there before the baseless insult came in.

Swervy

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Yeah, yeah, very good.

maybe it isnt baseless...does he know marc more than we think :D

Andre

International Regular
Scallywag said:
I agree Sanz, without doubt aussie_beater had no idea there was an investigation into Warne and Waugh but within 5 minutes of me telling him about it he launched his own complete investigation and decided that the ACB had covered things up. His evidence is more compelling than the ACB's.
But it's pure fact that it was infact a cover-up, and the scandal had been leaked years before it reached the public surface in 1998. The ACB itself even admitted that they should have handled the problem better, and I dare say if they same thing happened today they would act swiftly and convincingly.

Btw, the cheap shot isn't nessesary, it just makes you look like a fool who can't sustain a discussion without throwing petty insults.

Scallywag

Banned
Neil Pickup said:
Yeah, yeah, very good.

I notice that you were very quite when others post baseless insults Neil but then allways jump in when its an Aussie.

Marc is full of $hit and hides like a little girl behind the Administative skirt.

Scallywag

Banned
Andre said:
But it's pure fact that it was infact a cover-up, and the scandal had been leaked years before it reached the public surface in 1998. The ACB itself even admitted that they should have handled the problem better, and I dare say if they same thing happened today they would act swiftly and convincingly.

Btw, the cheap shot isn't nessesary, it just makes you look like a fool who can't sustain a discussion without throwing petty insults.
Well Andre I'm willing to look at evidence of a cover up but it seems the only evidence you have is that they are Australians. What was covered up, the ICC were informed of the situation. Put proof of the cover up here because I wont just take your word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.