• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why do Australians get special treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Stewart was accused of being involved with MK Gupta, IIRC.
You do remember correctly - November 2000.
IIRR no-one ever came-up with any evidence besides Gupta naming him as someone he'd spoken to. Amongst several other big-name players that instantly made me guess he was milking it for all it was worth.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bas said:
That's the sort of disgusting attitude I cannot stand.

Of course, the players from the subcontinent are guilty until proven innocent but one of our fine upstanding English gentlemen? Never. He cannot possibly be dishonest in any way.

I know stewart is is innocent, but its funny how that was assumed from the very beginning simply because he was English.
I was equally certain that Stewart, Lara, Aravinda and several others were as innocent as each other and every cricketer who has never been put under any suspicion.
Not because they were English, West Indian or Sri Lankan, but because they have always struck me as those who put the interests of the game above their own financial maximisation.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:
Probably the same reason no body believed or did anything when Dean Jones made it public that he had been offered money to fix matches.
Dean Jones did not say he had taken the money, did he ? Those two guys confessed taking the money. And the Aussie board believed what those guys said was the reason and did a hush-hush on the whole matter.That's the worst part.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Swervy said:
passing info to someone about weather conditions,pitch etc is not cheating, in that it will not alter the result of a game.
Warne was never found to be taking performance enhancing drugs and so didnt alter the result of any game through cheating.
Ok again my question...how do you know that it was only the weather thing and not anything else ? Because Warne and Waugh said so ?

Scallywag

Banned
aussie_beater said:
Ok again my question...how do you know that it was only the weather thing and not anything else ? Because Warne and Waugh said so ?
How do they know Tendulkar was just cleaning the ball, How do they know Dravid didnt mean to put a lolly on the ball, why did they believe them just because they said so.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Scallywag said:
How do they know Tendulkar was just cleaning the ball, How do they know Dravid didnt mean to put a lolly on the ball, why did they believe them just because they said so.
perhaps a wrong example to prove your point. the two were caught on tape. although they would have asked the two for explanations, i dont think the decisions were based solely on what the two had to say

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
why are australia the best cricket team in the world? and why are other nations so jealous about it? that's what this thread should be called as you guys try to belittle us.

Scallywag

Banned
Raj123 said:
perhaps a wrong example to prove your point. the two were caught on tape. although they would have asked the two for explanations, i dont think the decisions were based solely on what the two had to say
Not really Raj123, This thread asked why Aussies get preferential treatment like in the Warne case. The example provided by me shows that Dravid was caught tampering with the ball and was treated lienently because he said it was a mistake which is exactaly what happened to Warne. Unless you can show how Dravid was treated differently than Warne then I think that it has been proven that Australians are treated the same as every other test playing nation.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Scallywag said:
Not really Raj123, This thread asked why Aussies get preferential treatment like in the Warne case. The example provided by me shows that Dravid was caught tampering with the ball and was treated lienently because he said it was a mistake which is exactaly what happened to Warne. Unless you can show how Dravid was treated differently than Warne then I think that it has been proven that Australians are treated the same as every other test playing nation.
but in dravid's ( and tendulkar's) case there was a video of the incident and the match refree could have made his own assessment on the degree of guilt

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:
It was all on tape. The match referee saw the tapes and made a decision about the punishment based on his assessment of the guilt, but the charge was "tampering with the ball" wasn't it ? But in the case of Warne and Waugh, did the Aussie board invesitgate the matter to find out before charging the players ? No they did not. And the Aussie board got away with it and the two players escaped an investigation into the matter which could very well have ended their career. That's the difference.

Last edited:

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Slats4ever said:
why are australia the best cricket team in the world? and why are other nations so jealous about it? that's what this thread should be called as you guys try to belittle us.
No one is asking questions about the cricketing abilities of the Australian team.

Deja moo

International Captain
Swervy said:
you may well laugh, but you are laughing at the truth....i take it you are laughing at the Warne thing...was Warne found guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs???? Its a simple yes or no answer that is required by the way
How could Warne be found guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs ?
The very action of a diuretic is to flush out all traces of the metabolites of any performance enhancing drugs .

AFAIC , the "vanity drug" thing is hogwash. Warne wanted a quick recovery from the injury he suffered in the VB series , and the anti inflammatory drugs required to that effect would have resulted in him giving a positive drugs test. The diuretic was to flush them out .

Scallywag

Banned
aussie_beater said:
It was all on tape. The match referee saw the tapes and made a decision about the punishment based on his assessment of the guilt, but the charge was "tampering with the ball" wasn't it ? But in the case of Warne and Waugh, did the Aussie board invesitgate the matter to find out before charging the players ? No they did not. And the Aussie board got away with it and the two players escaped an investigation into the matter which could very well have ended their career. That's the difference.
Aussie beater please get the facts straight, it was during an investigation Warne and Waugh were asked if they had recieved money from bookmakers and they said they had and the reasons why. That is a fact that it was during an INVESTIGATION. The ICC were informed immediately and the players were fined for what they did.

So once again without researching the facts another baseless claim about Australia is spewed forth.

Scallywag

Banned
Deja moo said:
The very action of a diuretic is to flush out all traces of the metabolites of any performance enhancing drugs .

AFAIC , the "vanity drug" thing is hogwash. Warne wanted a quick recovery from the injury he suffered in the VB series , and the anti inflammatory drugs required to that effect would have resulted in him giving a positive drugs test. The diuretic was to flush them out .
If you believe that then you would believe that after Tendulkar got caught tampering with the ball and let off lightly Dravid had to take over as ball tamperer because Tendulkar had been caught. Wonder who will take over from Dravd now he has used his chance, Sehwag maybe.

Deja moo

International Captain
Scallywag said:
If you believe that then you would believe that after Tendulkar got caught tampering with the ball and let off lightly Dravid had to take over as ball tamperer because Tendulkar had been caught. Wonder who will take over from Dravd now he has used his chance, Sehwag maybe.

No , its Yuvraj . And Ganguly has set up a candy factory to supply the lollys .
And the team has also decided to blame their mommies if they get caught again. :dry:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Do you really not remember Stewart being accused?
He denied ever having knowingly met Gupta.
Yes, I genuinely do.

Bought his book the other week, and is next on my list to read, so will know more then.

Swervy

International Captain
Deja moo said:

thats your personal opinion on the situation...nothing was ever proven,so again, it is just guess work from you. It suits your opinion to have Warne take performance enhancing drugs..it suits your arguement that Warne and Waugh were involved in match fixing..although there is no evidence which suggests this is the truth

Swervy

International Captain
Deja moo said:

all i wanted was a simple yes or no answer anyway....and here is a clue..the answer was NO

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie_beater said:
and.........on the other hand, how do you know it wasn't only the weather thing?

Swervy

International Captain
Son Of Coco said:
and.........on the other hand, how do you know it wasn't only the weather thing?
well he doesnt does he...so he will just avoid answering the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.