• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketer is peer/pundit review most wrong on?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
McGrath, Garner etc. underrated as well. Both were seen as a supportive bowler to Warne and Marshall respectively. Kinda of unfair to McGrath especially.
Don't see how anyone could have watched cricket during that era and beloved that McGrath was Warne's support bowler.

Literally the exact opposite of reality.

howitzer

International 12th Man
On overrated by Sobers, I present Mahadevan Sathasivam. Sobers called him "The Greatest Batsman ever on Earth" and Worrell called him "The Greatest Batsman I have ever seen", allegedly.

On Gupte and Larwood, I think they are special cases whose ceiling we don't really know about, as both of their international careers got cut short when they were the best bowler in their country by a mile, and they also do have the FC performances to somewhat back them up.
There's kind of an element of this about Johnny Wardle too, though that was Yorkshire ending both his domestic and international careers.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like how going to sleep at night hours is now considered "being silent". Maybe salty is salty about me having a life too. The butthurt must be SKY high now after the WC win. 🤣

In other facts, here is Kumble talking about how he could never get on top of Lara.

Salty just cant accept better cricketers 🤣

Last edited:

subshakerz

International Coach
And it wasn't like they troubled him per say.
Except Lara literally says that they did.

I like how going to sleep at night hours is now considered "being silent". Maybe salty is salty about me having a life too. The butthurt must be SKY high now after the WC win. 🤣

In other facts, here is Kumble talking about how he could never get on top of Lara.

Salty just cant accept better cricketers 🤣
A bigger person admits their mistakes. You claimed Lara didn't have an issue with flatter spin bowlers. I showed you the clip he says just that. Instead of taking the L and admitting this, you deflect.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Except Lara literally says that they did.

A bigger person admits their mistakes. You claimed Lara didn't have an issue with flatter spin bowlers. I showed you the clip he says just that. Instead of taking the L and admitting this, you deflect.
Bigger person dos day stuff like that either. Just drop it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have literally seen Lara bat all through his career and while he says he found it harder to face flatter spinners, it does not mean he had trouble facing them. There is a world of difference and any sane person can see that. Which is what Kumble showed in his interview as well.

But salty can carry on cribbing about stuff that only exist in his head. Reality shows Lara is the best player of spin in my time of watching cricket.

Its sad his life must be pathetic enough to warrant calling these Ws and Ls when its just posting about a sport you follow.

subshakerz

International Coach
I have literally seen Lara bat all through his career and while he says he found it harder to face flatter spinners, it does not mean he had trouble facing them. There is a world of difference and any sane person can see that. Which is what Kumble showed in his interview as well.

But salty can carry on cribbing about stuff that only exist in his head. Reality shows Lara is the best player of spin in my time of watching cricket.
Exist in my head? Lara literally gave several examples of such flatter spinners, said they caused him problems and didn't want to face them. You don't want to talk about the clip itself.

I guess Lara doesn't know his game better than you do.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah stuff like what he actually scored against them doesn't matter.

And the same bowlers saying they had no idea where to bowl at Lara doesn't matter either. Maybe the bowlers didn't know their own games as well as salty does.

Migara

International Coach
Unfortunately many here are under the misunderstanding that Lara was great against all spin. He himself said he struggled against flatter spinners like Kumble and Saqlain because they didn't toss up the ball.
The most he struggled against was Raju. Who flighted it a lot.