• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies vs Pakistan in UAE 2016

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man I'd love this to happen when there's a decent batting lineup who could chase this. With the knee jerk stupidity in cricket led by the Aussies there'd be a collective movement towards deciding that you should never ever ever rever ever not enforce the follow on or declare at less than 600.

West Indies are just going to West Indies aren't they?

Bijed

International Regular
It's unlikely. but I'd really love the West Indies to win this now, great fightback by them. Is this a record for biggest disparity in the first- and second- innings scores by a team (not sure of exactly how to look this up)? I gather Azhar Ali made the individual record earlier.

Also, Bishoo's BBI now better than Warne's!

viriya

International Captain
Man I'd love this to happen when there's a decent batting lineup who could chase this. With the knee jerk stupidity in cricket led by the Aussies there'd be a collective movement towards deciding that you should never ever ever rever ever not enforce the follow on or declare at less than 600.

West Indies are just going to West Indies aren't they?
Bravo loves batting in the subcontinent and Samuels is back in the runs.. so still possible I guess.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
you're off your box if you think the west indies are winning this.

pakistan playing the long game and giving bishoo the rest of the series.

Slifer

International Captain
West indies are going to lose, no doubt it in my mind. Good on them that they at least stretched it into the 5th day. If WI can at least draw one or two of these tests, it'll be a big step forward. Unfortunately, the WI aren't winning this. The WI batting is still frail and Pakistan have Yasir Shah.

viriya

International Captain
Hope Bishoo builds on this and becomes a consistent wicket-taking threat. Anything to make WI more competitive.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow. First Tahir, then Rashid and now Bishoo. Pakistan's problems with leg spin continue. This just shows you can never take this format for granted, no matter what the teams are on paper.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What batting line-ups in the world would you have as >40% chance of winning this if they were in the exact same position (i.e. their two openers out, and needing 251 runs to win vs. Pak).

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
What batting line-ups in the world would you have as >40% chance of winning this if they were in the exact same position (i.e. their two openers out, and needing 251 runs to win vs. Pak).
Same conditions.
India
England

That being said, I actually think WI have a very good chance of winning this..but if they do it will be one of those outlier events.