• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that will happen before Sachin's 100th 100

G.I.Joe

International Coach
In either case, it would be incorrect to assert that he had no intention of playing ODIs after the World Cup, and that he's only playing now to get the milestone out of the way, wouldn't it?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, Tendulkar was rested for one ODI and everyone cracked the ****. After losing the series 4-0 reckon **** would have hit the fan had he missed out on the whole series.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Tendulkar was slated to play the ODIs in England, but was injured. He even played the first ODI, IIRC. He has always valued playing in England and Australia.

Arachnodouche needs to learn to draw reasonable conclusions from events, not seek to pervert (incorrect) facts into supporting his transparent agenda.
No ODI's, but he played a warm up ODI game before getting injured.

Anyways this topic is too boring, said plenty of times that Tendulkar would have played this series regardless of whether he had got his 100 or not. How come no one was going on about him playing ODI's against SA just before the WC when he had't played the format for 11 months prior also?

Ruckus

International Captain
ha that article is ****ing ridiculous. The guy is like "when Tendulkar failed to get to the landmark in the three-Test series against West Indies in India, he should have played the five ODIs that followed. But no, he wanted to score it in a Test match, and so he conveniently skipped the ODIs" - so he is criticising him for not playing the ODI's...then a paragraph later he says "And now we see him choosing, out of the blue, to play the CB Series...Making himself available for the CB Series was all about getting that 100th century, and that is perverse" - so he is criticising him for playing the ODIs.

Bloke just can't win against some people.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
ha that article is ****ing ridiculous. The guy is like "when Tendulkar failed to get to the landmark in the three-Test series against West Indies in India, he should have played the five ODIs that followed. But no, he wanted to score it in a Test match, and so he conveniently skipped the ODIs" - so he is criticising him for not playing the ODI's...then a paragraph later he says "And now we see him choosing, out of the blue, to play the CB Series...Making himself available for the CB Series was all about getting that 100th century, and that is perverse" - so he is criticising him for playing the ODIs.

Bloke just can't win against some people.
I'm not sure why this topic is even up for debate. Are you seriously saying that a guy getting to pick his matches as and when he pleases - one who plays an entire IPL season and then refuses to go on a Test match tour of the WI - is acceptable from the team perspective? How does that set a good precedent?

No one's dense enough to suggest he isn't good enough for ODIs or Tests. But it sure blows chunks from a disciplinary POV. There are younger batsmen waiting their turn, being forced out of any sort of natural rhythm because we're accommodating these guys. I fail to see how that is good for the future.

Ruckus

International Captain
I'm not sure why this topic is even up for debate. Are you seriously saying that a guy getting to pick his matches as and when he pleases - one who plays an entire IPL season and then refuses to go on a Test match tour of the WI - is acceptable from the team perspective? How does that set a good precedent?
That's not was I was trying to highlight. I was just pointing out the double standards used by the author in that article. He accuses Tendulkar of not wanting to play the ODI's so he could score his century in a test match, and then straight after accuses him of playing in the CB series in order to achieve that feat. Some people clearly see what they want to see, and because of that there will never be any pleasing them.

On the topic you raised, I don't now enough about the context of the matches he missed etc. to be able to comment. But yes in general I agree that players, no matter who they are, should attempt to stick with a fairly consistent schedule unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not just that. I saw that guy write an article during the Test series about Tendulkar and I swear it was all the worst over-the-top stereotypes of his fanboys - hyperbole incarnate, gushing, ultra-cringeworthy stuff.

Ruckus

International Captain
Oh really? Can't say it suprises me...these people always seem to have ingrained predjudices that they try and put out there and mask it as journalism.

Like honestly, I'd be one of the first people to admit I don't think Tendulkar is a perfect person or batsman like he is made out to be by fanatics sometimes, but at the end of the day he is still a champion and he by no means deserves any of this crap written about him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh really? Can't say it suprises me...these people always seem to have ingrained predjudices that they try and put out there and mask it as journalism.

Like honestly, I'd be one of the first people to admit I don't think Tendulkar is a perfect person or batsman like he is made out to be by fanatics sometimes, but at the end of the day he is still a champion and he by no means deserves any of this crap written about him.
This. I trhink I wrote a rather big piece about this Sachin worship and why THAT is what adversely affects Indian cricket and not the man himself...

Spark

Global Moderator
- GIMH making a good post
- Zaheer Khan getting through an overseas series uninjured
- Australia picking a correct team
- Shivfan getting over that chip on his shoulder re India in West Indies
- Dravid's 100th 100

what else ****s?
Might actually happen.

Howe_zat

Audio File
- GIMH making a good post
- Zaheer Khan getting through an overseas series uninjured
- Australia picking a correct team
- Shivfan getting over that chip on his shoulder re India in West Indies
- Dravid's 100th 100

what else ****s?
Have Australia picked a correct team yet?

Also what's the word on shivfan