• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

Kheldar19

Cricket Spectator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Welcome to the system. :)

You've been assigned to Cricket Web Blue, on account of Blue having 16 players.

EDIT: Now Blue has got two Demezas. We can't lose now!
Hi, i guess im in this team, now, uh....whose demeza?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Code:
BOWLING            O         M         R         W
NL Patrick         10        0         44        2
MS Smith           6         0         49        2
SE Fuller          10        0         61        1
[B]AAA Collins        5         0         42        0[/B]
Sort it Collins. :dry:
In FC matches I mean. In ODs I just take it for granted that I'm crap. :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kheldar19 said:
Hi, i guess im in this team, now, uh....whose demeza?
Travis Demeza aka Travis_Teh

Right handed "batsman"
Left arm quickie

The bit that I was referring to is that both of you are go-for-broke bowlers who give up runs but take wickets.

Kheldar19

Cricket Spectator
Great, I'm assuming this guy's been succesful in the Dev League?, because if he has, that bodes well for me:D

Is he fast or medium fast?

Cloete

International Captain
Pretty uninspiring start to the season so far guys. We can definitely turn it around though.

I'm available for selection next game after a disappointing 0-0 series with the WIndies and I'm eager for some Blue wins! :D

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Kheldar19 said:
Great, I'm assuming this guy's been succesful in the Dev League?, because if he has, that bodes well for me:D

Is he fast or medium fast?
I seem to get over looked for one dayers, because i'm too hot headed.... apparently :(

Fast...none of this fast-medium rubbish.
:)

I sometimes get dragged out of the attack, too, due to spiteful fast bowling bringing the game into disrepute by batsmen getting targetted more than the top of offstump due to things not going my way :(

I've been in the top three wicket takers the past two seasons (my only two seasons), somehwat succesful I guess...but I get belted for a lot runs.

Welcome.

Kheldar19

Cricket Spectator
Mate, Ill tell you one thing, its the wickets that I care about not the runs, however, how the team captain views my role is another thing. Pretty good debut for me, I think?

3-26 in 7 overs, hopefully a sign of things to come, and heres to hoping we can win many more games. Correct me if im wrong, but we were champions last season?

Cloete

International Captain
Kheldar19 said:
Mate, Ill tell you one thing, its the wickets that I care about not the runs, however, how the team captain views my role is another thing. Pretty good debut for me, I think?

3-26 in 7 overs, hopefully a sign of things to come, and heres to hoping we can win many more games. Correct me if im wrong, but we were champions last season?
Yes we were, in both forms. You bowled really well mate.

In fact, all the bowler's did really well. Once again it was the batting that let us down (Except Wilshere).

Was I unavailable for the match Liam? :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:
Was I unavailable for the match Liam? :(
Yes, on account of you being in a plane at the time. You're good, but not THAT good.

Test players are available from March 4.

Kheldar19

Cricket Spectator
Thanks guys for the kudos, also thank you, uhh...Liam is it? for selecting me in the OD team, damn happy to get a game, and hopefully i can do well:)

dinu23

International Debutant
sorry for not being active the last few days guys, this final year is killing me!
this is the worst start I've seen for the Blues. the way it's going, things can only improve for us.
and, welcome Clancroft.

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Yes, on account of you being in a plane at the time. You're good, but not THAT good.

Test players are available from March 4.
I think the CWBCC should employ some sceientists to start work on a teleporter TBH :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Just like to apologise for my inactivity in the season so far. I had to head off pretty promptly to attend a funeral, so I didn't have time to let Liam or anyone else know I'd be gone.

As far as the results go... there's some room for improvement. Hopefully that's coming shortly. :p

dinu23

International Debutant
I think this loosing streak has gone too far guys. A revamp of the lineup is needed I think.
any suggestions?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I don`t think it`s a huge concern. Just need to fix up our batting a bit, and we`ve been a bit unlucky.

Early days. :)

Kheldar19

Cricket Spectator
I think that if we had a bit more runs to play with, we could have fashioned an upset, Demeza was looking in ominous form. A bit disappointed by that debut:(, but oh well, hopefully ill get another chance, and we'll win that time.

Hehehe, i actually thought i might catch up to demeza with regards to ducks, but...:p

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

dinu23 said:
I think this loosing streak has gone too far guys. A revamp of the lineup is needed I think.
any suggestions?
I think we only have 12 players atm, and Bono's not willing to dirty his shades, so we don't have many options as far as the XI is concerned. This especially as the 12th man for the last game was a bowler.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Kheldar19 said:
I think that if we had a bit more runs to play with, we could have fashioned an upset, Demeza was looking in ominous form. A bit disappointed by that debut:(, but oh well, hopefully ill get another chance, and we'll win that time.

Hehehe, i actually thought i might catch up to demeza with regards to ducks, but...:p
I'm the king of golden pairs, mate. You'll never catch me.