• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

Cloete

International Captain
Nnanden said:
And once again, your avatar is awesome. Much better than Halsey`s. If I were captain... ;)

Go Blue!
It's been used on these forums before by AgentTBY...

How quickly they forget.... :p

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Boys, boys, boys.
Something needs to be done about our batting. Out of form is hurting us.
Getting skittled in the second innings for just over 100... was poo :(

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Travis_Teh said:
Boys, boys, boys.
Something needs to be done about our batting. Out of form is hurting us.
Getting skittled in the second innings for just over 100... was poo :(
'
We seem to be going alright in the OD games. Maybe I could force my way into the FC team?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
BlackCap_Fan said:
'
We seem to be going alright in the OD games. Maybe I could force my way into the FC team?
Perhaps if you don't miss the next fixture from U/19 gameplay. Who knows whats on the blue selectors minds though:)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
we really have to do something about our top order form in FC guys....

hard to win games when we don't score over 200 runs in an innings on a regular basis.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
My form has been simply woeful - not even averaging 25 with the bat this season in FC. Really need to have a look at changing my gameplan a bit, maybe trying to bat a bit more positively and look for runs could work. Way too many times I've batted for close to 100 balls this season and still got out for a low score.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
My form has been simply woeful - not even averaging 25 with the bat this season in FC. Really need to have a look at changing my gameplan a bit, maybe trying to bat a bit more positively and look for runs could work. Way too many times I've batted for close to 100 balls this season and still got out for a low score.
some m ay say you've turned that around with an awseome century and an awseome stand with goffy........ ;)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Awseome win blues! keeps us with some hope....some.

On a personal note, extremely happy with my wickets in the match.
Reached the 200 FC wickets milestone, with Cunningham the unlucky 200th victim :D

It has been a great time with the blues, and I hope it continues for many, many more wickets!!!!!!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Travis_Teh said:
some m ay say you've turned that around with an awseome century and an awseome stand with goffy........ ;)
Think opening the batting allowed me to dig in and play my natural game. The fact that we had our backs to the wall took the pressure off as well.

Congrats on the 200 btw. On the milestone front, I oddly enough passed both 3000 runs and 150 wickets in that last game.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Congrats both of you on your milestones. Trav has been taking `em all season, and it looks like Sean is about to start something beautiful. :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like we need to win each of our remaining games and get a few things going our way to make the final now, in FC. If we beat both the Colts and Red, obviously they will lose one each, so ideally we would hope the Colts win the match between the two of them, and Black beats them both. Otherwise it will come down to batting and bowling points.