• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Travis_Teh said:
Wilshere, how old were you when you signed up, and is season 10 your third season? Or did you sign up before season 8?

Just wish to know for u/19 selection stuff..
I signed up at the start of season 8. Do you mean my real age?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
BlackCap_Fan said:
No.

And, I think I was 15 when I signed up.
That would make you eligible for selection.

You should go read that thread, teams are going to be announced shortly.
There is going to an U/19 CW team playing a few youth tests and youth one dayers against a touring U/19 New Zealand team ;)

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Travis_Teh said:
That would make you eligible for selection.

You should go read that thread, teams are going to be announced shortly.
There is going to an U/19 CW team playing a few youth tests and youth one dayers against a touring U/19 New Zealand team ;)
They put me down as 19. Nazis.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Am I likely to get a game any time soon?
You're second choice spinner to Halsey right now, and Halsey is bowling well, so it's not likely in the immediate future. Your best bet is to bowl well and make a few runs in Grade, and push for selection as a second spinner on turning wickets.

Cloete

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
You're second choice spinner to Halsey right now, and Halsey is bowling well, so it's not likely in the immediate future. Your best bet is to bowl well and make a few runs in Grade, and push for selection as a second spinner on turning wickets.
I don't think we should discount Blaze so easily. Whether it's a turning wicket or not, we play our best bowlers at the time. If a bowler is out of form, then the bowler in the best form comes in to play regardless of what they bowl. With the pace depth we have the new ball could easily be taken on by someone else if it was an opener who got dropped

I really don't like the fact you're overlooking people just because of their style, because the fact is a spinner can be just as effective as a pacer on many wickets.

This is one of those issues that always gets me though. Cricket seems to be so conservative with using spinners. The only time two spinners ever play is if it's a turning wicket. For example It's pretty obvious that MacGill is better than most Aussie pacers yet he's so underused!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not discounting Currie because of his style, but the fact is that we play on a very pacer friendly wicket and have a strong pace attack. Given those circumstances, we'd need a compelling case from a second spinner or some problems in the pace bowling department to pick two spinners in a game. It's more to do with the conditions and the relative experience and skill of the bowlers than choosing a particular sort of bowler.

In other words, there's no objection from the Blue selectors in picking two spinners, and we have done it before and will do it again. At the moment, neither form nor conditions warrant a change, so unless we get a turner and feel the need for a second spinner, Currie is playing grade. At the moment, our front-line attack is Patrick, Demeza, Collins and Halsey, in FC cricket. The next in line are Currie and Clancroft.

All that said, I'm quite sure that we'll be looking to give the fringe squad members some game time as the season progresses, should we encounter form problems or player unavailability. As it is, we're losing Wilshere and Crampton for a time to U-19 cricket, and Cribb is inactive, which opens up a spot in the middle order for someone to fill... two in one dayers, in fact. Currie will certainly be a chance to fill one of those spots.

Cloete

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'm not discounting Currie because of his style, but the fact is that we play on a very pacer friendly wicket and have a strong pace attack. Given those circumstances, we'd need a compelling case from a second spinner or some problems in the pace bowling department to pick two spinners in a game. It's more to do with the conditions and the relative experience and skill of the bowlers than choosing a particular sort of bowler.

In other words, there's no objection from the Blue selectors in picking two spinners, and we have done it before and will do it again. At the moment, neither form nor conditions warrant a change, so unless we get a turner and feel the need for a second spinner, Currie is playing grade. At the moment, our front-line attack is Patrick, Demeza, Collins and Halsey, in FC cricket. The next in line are Currie and Clancroft.

All that said, I'm quite sure that we'll be looking to give the fringe squad members some game time as the season progresses, should we encounter form problems or player unavailability. As it is, we're losing Wilshere and Crampton for a time to U-19 cricket, and Cribb is inactive, which opens up a spot in the middle order for someone to fill... two in one dayers, in fact. Currie will certainly be a chance to fill one of those spots.
:)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hello team...

Last time I posted we were doing disgracefully, but things seem to have picked up a bit since then which is always good to see.

As I said in the other thread, I apologise for my inactivity. It wont happen again.

Last edited:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Prince EWS said:
Hello team...

Last time I posted we were doing disgracefully, but things seem to have picked up a bit since then which is always good to see.

As I said in the other thread, I apologise for my inactivity. It wont happen again.
We have been doing really well, infact we were the form team (by some way?) of the second quarter.
You've got some **** timing of inactivity hey, unfortunately not named in the U/19 'revised' squad mainly due to that said inactivity. (Only hours before hand :S)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Travis_Teh said:
We have been doing really well, infact we were the form team (by some way?) of the second quarter.
You've got some **** timing of inactivity hey, unfortunately not named in the U/19 'revised' squad mainly due to that said inactivity. (Only hours before hand :S)
Yes I just noticed that. Horrible timing really.... especially since I was named in the original squad. As I've been away, I hadnt read that thread, and hence started at Page 1 just then. I was quite happy to see my name announced originally, and as the thread progressed I could see what was going to happen...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Prince EWS said:
Yes I just noticed that. Horrible timing really.... especially since I was named in the original squad. As I've been away, I hadnt read that thread, and hence started at Page 1 just then. I was quite happy to see my name announced originally, and as the thread progressed I could see what was going to happen...
he he, ahh well..

Blaze

Banned
FaaipDeOiad said:
****.....Sounds fun :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
And once again, your avatar is awesome. Much better than Halsey`s. If I were captain... ;)

Go Blue!