• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20 Blast 2024 (Started on 30th May)

Yeoman

U19 Captain
I have watched more of the blast on the streams this year than hitherto (previously listened to the radio more). General observations:
1. Crowds seem down on past years - lots of empty seats at most grounds
2. Lots of counties have pulled the rope well in from the fences, and not just when the wicket is off centre.

Reactions: FBU

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I have watched more of the blast on the streams this year than hitherto (previously listened to the radio more). General observations:
1. Crowds seem down on past years - lots of empty seats at most grounds
2. Lots of counties have pulled the rope well in from the fences, and not just when the wicket is off centre.
High priced tickets, not in school holidays, poor weather.

All while the Hundred gets subsidised tickets in prime holiday time and the weather is improving right in time for it.

Saw last night it's £15 for a double header for the Leeds based tean .

It's £25 a ticket for Marcus North's main job, that he sacks off of for a month to run the Leeds based team.

CartyDurham

International Captain
All going well for Durham at the minute.
Just had a look. Leicester look beat and Yorkshire need over 100. Hopefully we can see this game home , then we will be 4th

yorks need 105 off 50 , five down. Leicester need 109 off 56 and are 7 down

this is reminding me of the night we sneaked through then made finals day and lost the final

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Just had a look. Leicester look beat and Yorkshire need over 100. Hopefully we can see this game home , then we will be 4th

yorks need 105 off 50 , five down. Leicester need 109 off 56 and are 7 down

this is reminding me of the night we sneaked through then made finals day and lost the final
Our reward if we sneak through is Surrey away in September :laugh:

Only ourselves to blame that we're in this position having to sneak into 4th as a best case scenario.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Leicester 97 for 8. So that’s looking good for Durham. Leicester need 97 off 42

yorkies need 92 off 38 with five wickets left

CartyDurham

International Captain
Haway Durham 26 off 25 needed, 8 wickets in hand

christ we’ve lost some games but this would top the lot if we blew that position

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Id take it :D You are right though, we’ve thrown at least two wins away
We've paced our innings well for once.

Too much this season we've kept trying to go hard after losing early wickets. Albeit we were batting first in them games.

I didn't see the low scoring Leics game we conspired to lose. But imagine those that did would be saying why didn't we bat this way then.

We've got this in the bag. Bring on the Surrey superstars or rather heaven help us.

I'm hoping it will be a day im down London for work so I can go.

CartyDurham

International Captain
We've paced our innings well for once.

Too much this season we've kept trying to go hard after losing early wickets. Albeit we were batting first in them games.

I didn't see the low scoring Leics game we conspired to lose. But imagine those that did would be saying why didn't we bat this way then.
Exactly, its just the Yorkshire game now , can notts get that won ?