• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20 Blast 2024 (Started on 30th May)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like that the final line ups have a distinct ‘county cricket’ feel to them. There are no real superstars in either team. While there are a few with international caps, they are all fringe players or have played for associates. This match therefore has a pleasing familiarity about it and, moreover, is a big deal for all involved.
well partly because some are not picked, when they should.

Really don't like our opening partnership for various reasons, but okay start until Smeed is out.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
.... and, moreover, is a big deal for all involved.
Was listening to the BBC briefly between the 2nd SF and the final. "Nothing compares to this". "Biggest day". Presenters walking around the Hollies. Hope the ECB were listening. When does realisation happen - this is still bigger than franchise cricket despite the ECB, why are they undermining it with the scheduling?

Last edited:

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Was listening to the BBC briefly between the 2nd SF and the final. "Nothing compares to this". "Biggest day". Presenters walking around the Hollies. Hope the ECB were listening. When does realisation happen - this is still bigger than franchise cricket despite the ECB, why are they undermining it with the scheduling?
One of the reasons that it feels bigger is that it is a full day of cricket with the three games on one day. It gives the occasion a grandeur that the format sometimes lacks. A single T20 can be over and done very quickly.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
One of the reasons that it feels bigger is that it is a full day of cricket with the three games on one day. It gives the occasion a grandeur that the format sometimes lacks. A single T20 can be over and done very quickly.
Does that not happen in franchise finals day or is that just a final each for teh women and men so just two?

Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Glamorgan and Durham only counties not to win the Blast. All been to finals day but Derbyshire & Glamorgan never been in a final.

Did Benkenstein start this Group off?

Gloucestershire got out of the group on NRR.

FBU

International Debutant
Does that not happen in franchise finals day or is that just a final each for teh women and men so just two?

Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Glamorgan and Durham only counties not to win the Blast. All been to finals day but Derbyshire & Glamorgan never been in a final.

I wonder if Benkenstein was watching his previous club win with Alleyne in charge.

Yeoman

U19 Captain

For me at least, a men’s and a women’s match do not feel like part of the same competition, while the semis and final of finals day have a continuity to them.

The only time I have been in person to the former were the T20 World Cup finals in 2009. On that occasion the women’s match felt quite a distinct event to the men’s match that followed.

FBU

International Debutant
I didn't want Surrey to win and they didn't, then didn't want Somerset to win and so pleased Gloucestershire did. Their bowling was fantastic, so good they didn't have any big run chases.

Chubb

International Regular
Gloucs people have a low opinion of Benkenstein and his impact on the squad, I think the credit is more with Alleyne and the captain than with him.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Gloucs were excellent, Some brilliant cricket and a slightly out there winner. Good stuff and lets' face it i hope that Somerset win a trophy they cant be runners up in 3 competitions can they

chris.hinton

International Captain
But there was some excellent weather in Birmingham on Saturday, So Finals days got what it deserved with the weather and good cricket was played as well