• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20 Blast 2024 (Started on 30th May)

Third_Man

U19 Captain
to give an idea where Lancashire are at they have announced a squad of 16 for their match today. You have to feel for George Balderson, Will Williams, Harry Singh and Josh Boyden the only ones contracted who aren't named. At least the coach made 4 decisions to narrow the squad down (although Boyden may be injured so perhaps only 3).

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really poor from Surrey so far tonight, not even batting the 20 overs, and only two batters making double figures. Not for the first time, Smith keeping us in the game, and he was lucky not to have been run out very early in his innings. You'd think that 163 is short of par.
It probably is, but Somerset play one way really, whilst it's fun to watch and generally very successful in this form, it does occasionally mean we flop to 120 all out. Lewis Gregory not playing is always a worry, but hopefully Lammonby can continue his County form, but Lewis is so key to this team, bat and ball.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Slower balls: On the (unscientific) evidence of the matches I’ve watched so far on the competition, are county bowlers over-using the slower ball or not executing them well? While they can be highly effective very often they seem to turn into full tosses or slip down the leg side. I appreciate that bowlers have to mix it up however very often it does not seem the percentage call.

Molehill

International Captain
I've been watching the Sharks matches and been pleasantly surprised by their success. Hughes looks a great signing, taken a couple of games to get into it but now looks a perfect fit. James Coles is maturing into a really decent all rounder too.

But the big take out for me is that Ollie Robinson is bowling really well with the new ball. He's getting 3 overs up front and one later if needed and he's causing massive trouble bowling a largely Test Match line. Not bothering to mix it up at all really, just proving a massive handful. On this form, he should be straight back into the England side, especially with Anderson departing.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I've been watching the Sharks matches and been pleasantly surprised by their success. Hughes looks a great signing, taken a couple of games to get into it but now looks a perfect fit. James Coles is maturing into a really decent all rounder too.

But the big take out for me is that Ollie Robinson is bowling really well with the new ball. He's getting 3 overs up front and one later if needed and he's causing massive trouble bowling a largely Test Match line. Not bothering to mix it up at all really, just proving a massive handful. On this form, he should be straight back into the England side, especially with Anderson departing.
You were far too strong for my boys, which came as something as a shock to the lazy journalists who reckoned that Surrey were 'unbeatable' after winning 3 or 4 games.

As for Robinson, I'd like to see how he goes in the CC games that are scheduled before the first test of the summer. If he is fit and firing, then great.

Molehill

International Captain
You were far too strong for my boys, which came as something as a shock to the lazy journalists who reckoned that Surrey were 'unbeatable' after winning 3 or 4 games.

As for Robinson, I'd like to see how he goes in the CC games that are scheduled before the first test of the summer. If he is fit and firing, then great.
Agreed, but he's clearly bowling far better now than earlier in the season when he looked very rusty. Sussex could in theory put out a pace attack of Robinson, Mills and Archer later in the campaign.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Went to Lord’s this evening. The most one-sided T20 I’ve been to. While there was some bounce and a bit of movement for the bowlers, the great majority of the Middlesex batsmen fell to over ambition, misreading the pitch and ugly hack shots. Meredith bowled with good pace - had not seen him before. The ground was less than half full.