• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2009 Discussion and Fantasy League

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Brumby is the singular.
Brumbies is Plural

Voltman is correct
Yeah, supposedly named after my Great (x7 or 8) Uncle James Brumby, who brought shame on the family by emigrating to Australia. With a laziness that has certainly been passed down through the generations, rather than round up his horses when he left NSW for Tasmania he just abandoned them. The legend has it that when asked whose horses the now feral herd were, an Aborginal replied "They're Brumby's" and the name stuck.

Has the ring of the apocryphal, tbh, but a tiny piece of vicarious fame for the family name and we're hanging on to it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
In regard to the Brumbies, one of their players was hit by a car last night. Head injury and a broken leg according to Fox. From what I can gather he was hit after coming out of a Durban nightclub, one report suggests around 4.00am.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like theres a good chance he'll be paralysed, sincerly hope this is not the case.
Still in a medically-induced coma. :(

Have to wonder how the Brumbies will shape up after this. They had an engagement with the Aussie cricket team today in Durban but the players were unsurprisingly still in shock.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Crusaders v Bulls
W Force v Reds
Chiefs v Lions
Waratahs v Stormers
Cheetahs v Brumbies
Sharks v Hurricanes

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crusaders v Bulls
W Force v Reds
Chiefs v Lions
Waratahs v Stormers
Cheetahs v Brumbies
Sharks v Hurricanes

ripper868

International Coach
Crusaders v Bulls
W Force v Reds
Chiefs v Lions
Waratahs v Stormers
Cheetahs v Brumbies
Sharks v Hurricanes

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Will have a couple of weeks with not much to do starting tomorrow so I'll update the prediction points then. Thanks for posting this week's fixtures Voltman.

Crusaders
Reds
Chiefs
Waratahs
Brumbies
Sharks

Langeveldt

Soutie
Why do you support the Bulls?

Anyhow, the Sharks look set for a home semi. :)
I used to live in Irene, Centurion which is near Pretoria.. Not for too long, but got the bug pretty badly.. Also there are no decent rugby teams to speak of where I live now, so everyone here supports the Sharks, a team I thoroughly dislike (although not as much as the Stormers who play Luke Watson).. Would rather an Australian or NZ side won it than those two..

Speaking of which, if your side didn't make it, would you be happy seeing a side from your country win?

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I used to live in Irene, Centurion which is near Pretoria.. Not for too long, but got the bug pretty badly.. Also there are no decent rugby teams to speak of where I live now, so everyone here supports the Sharks, a team I thoroughly dislike (although not as much as the Stormers).. Would rather an Australian or NZ side won it than those two..

Speaking of which, if your side didn't make it, would you be happy seeing a side from your country win?
Oh cool.

If the Banana Boys failed despite not liking the Stormers or Bulls, of course I would support them over Australian or New Zealand side.

PE (Eastern Province) is getting a franchise soon. The Spears or something but it sounds like a joke side to appease politicians.

ripper868

International Coach
Super 16?

I thought the next expansion was to super 15 with an Australian Side so it'd be 5-5-5.

An extra aus team not really needed right now though...just look at the ladder, happily occupying 10,11 and 12 if memory serves.

cometer

State Regular
Crusaders v Bulls
W Force v Reds
Chiefs v Lions
Waratahs v Stormers
Cheetahs v Brumbies
Sharks v Hurricanes

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Crusaders v Bulls
W Force v Reds
Chiefs v Lions
Waratahs v Stormers
Cheetahs v Brumbies
Sharks v Hurricanes

Langeveldt

Soutie
Oh cool.

If the Banana Boys failed despite not liking the Stormers or Bulls, of course I would support them over Australian or New Zealand side.

PE (Eastern Province) is getting a franchise soon. The Spears or something but it sounds like a joke side to appease politicians.
Yeah I know, it's an absolute joke, there is just no rugby in EP to speak of, a few good schools but thats about it.. If I could be bothered to look at the Curry Cup log I think EP are bottom of that too.. If we do get a franchise I'd wish them every success, but I can't see myself not supporting the Bulls..

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Super 16?

I thought the next expansion was to super 15 with an Australian Side so it'd be 5-5-5.

An extra aus team not really needed right now though...just look at the ladder, happily occupying 10,11 and 12 if memory serves.
I think the Western Force stretched Australian rugby enough, a fifth Australian side would be overkill IMO.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Tahs Stormers was one of the worst games I've ever seen. Complete shower of ****e and no wonder no one turns up to watch the Waratahs. Stormers are complete rubbish, their backline is a disgrace and that Fijian winger is making money under false pretenses.

Chiefs Lions game was a great watch, Lions for the second week running don’t know how to win a game and lose from a seemingly impossible position but Louis Ludik (or Stefan Terblanche) should play 15 for the Boks against the Lions. Top talent.