• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2009 Discussion and Fantasy League

ripper868

International Coach
I think the Western Force stretched Australian rugby enough, a fifth Australian side would be overkill IMO.
definetly agree, the western Force decimated the Reds when they first arrived, the reds are just now starting to recover (though the efforts on the field dont really show it)

a fifth team would be over kill, and if based in Melbourne i think it would struggle to survive. Australia needs an APC competition to be in full swing before it could field another super team imo. Pity such a thing costs so much.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Tahs Stormers was one of the worst games I've ever seen. Complete shower of ****e and no wonder no one turns up to watch the Waratahs. Stormers are complete rubbish, their backline is a disgrace and that Fijian winger is making money under false pretenses.

Chiefs Lions game was a great watch, Lions for the second week running don’t know how to win a game and lose from a seemingly impossible position but Louis Ludik (or Stefan Terblanche) should play 15 for the Boks against the Lions. Top talent.
Chiefs vs Lions was the only game I watched in its entirety this weekend. Had anticipated the Lions being thumped but they were committed and created some brilliant tries, with Ludik and Fourie especially threatening. Was hoping somewhat that they could hang onto their lead for longer but with so much territory in the final half hour the Chiefs were eventually going to go ahead. Worrying for the Chiefs though, they can certainly score tries but their defence is still shaky - three weeks in a row they've won AND conceeded a four try bonus point to the opposition - and I can't help but feel that when they face the Bulls and Stormers in South Africa after the bye, that defence could be their downfall.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Six results (out of 6):
Simon 5
Samuel_Vimes 3
Somerset 3
99* 2
BoyBrumby 2
Cometer 2
Ripper868 2
Voltman 2
Clapo 1
TT Boy 1

Standings after week six:
Cometer 27
Somerset 27
TT Boy 25
BoyBrumby 23
Clapo 23
Simon 23
Voltman 23
99* 22
Ripper868 22
Samuel_Vimes 20
Luffy 9

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Seven Results (out of 6):
Samuel_Vimes 4
Somerset 4
TT Boy 4
Voltman 4
BoyBrumby 3
Cometer 3
Ripper868 3
Simon 2

Standings after week seven:
Somerset 31
Cometer 30
TT Boy 29
Voltman 27
BoyBrumby 26
Ripper868 25
Simon 25
Samuel_Vimes 24
Clapo 23
99* 22
Luffy 9

luffy

International Captain
Take me out of it.

Sorry, just not into Rugby, don't know why I joined in the first place. Haha.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Eight Results (out of 6):
BoyBrumby 6
Samuel_Vimes 6
Cometer 5
Ripper868 5
Somerset 5
Voltman 5
Simon 4
TT Boy 4
Clapo 3

Standings after week eight:
Somerset 36
Cometer 35
TT Boy 33
BoyBrumby 32
Voltman 32
Ripper868 30
Samuel_Vimes 30
Simon 29
Clapo 26
99* 22
Luffy 9

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantasy Rugby Standings after Week Eight:
The Fen Brumbies (BoyBrumby) 1,733
Somerset (Somerset) 1,674
PSV Eindhoven (Simon) 1,073

Brumby breaks away from me again after I closed it to within a handful of points the previous week. I have a $430,000 team value advantage though which could be important in the last few rounds...
----

Week Nine fixtures:
Blues vs Lions
Force vs Hurricanes
Highlanders vs Reds
Brumbies vs Stormers
Waratahs vs Bulls
Cheetahs vs Sharks

Force vs Hurricanes, Brumbies vs Stormers and Waratahs vs Bulls the pick of the matches for the coming weekend.

ripper868

International Coach
Blues vs Lions
Force vs Hurricanes
Highlanders vs Reds
Brumbies vs Stormers
Waratahs vs Bulls
Cheetahs vs Sharks

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blues vs Lions
Force vs Hurricanes
Highlanders vs Reds
Brumbies vs Stormers
Waratahs vs Bulls
Cheetahs vs Sharks

ripper868

International Coach
Indeed, Andy friend (The coach) was told of his passing on the flight back from South Africa and he had to break it to the rest of the guys when they landed, would have been terrible, especially as TT mentioned, it was thought he was improving and would be back in aus in a few weeks.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Indeed, Andy friend (The coach) was told of his passing on the flight back from South Africa and he had to break it to the rest of the guys when they landed, would have been terrible, especially as TT mentioned, it was thought he was improving and would be back in aus in a few weeks.
Yeah terrible news, hope the Brumbies give it to the Stormers this weekend

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Blues vs Lions
Force vs Hurricanes
Highlanders vs Reds
Brumbies vs Stormers
Waratahs vs Bulls
Cheetahs vs Sharks